Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any OZS calves?

• 06-03-2012 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has calves from ozeus (ozs) yet. I will have a few in april and am thinking about ordering more of his straws. Any reports appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

Im after inseminating three blue heifers with him in the last month . I chose him for his easy calving for maidens although the reliabilty% isnt wonderful . Let me know how you get on??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

Richk2012 wrote: »
    Im after inseminating three blue heifers with him in the last month . I chose him for his easy calving for maidens although the reliabilty% isnt wonderful . Let me know how you get on??

How come the reliability figues are so and he is a 98 bull??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭limo_100

adne wrote: »
    How come the reliability figues are so and he is a 98 bull??

because he is only being used over hear since last summer, and the we the irish don't thrust them french. But if he was easy in france im sure he'll be the same over here.
    I'v used him aswell but dont have him until sept. I'll be looking for a few heifers off him. Hes suppose ta be a big tall, long bull with very high muscle of 125.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Richk2012 wrote: »

Yeah i will, should have one in about ten days. I used him on four third calvers. You should be ok with heifers as long as they dont get too fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ddogsbollix

il a have one in a few days. il let ye know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Had one yesterday, a bull calf of course. Average sized calf, easily born. I'll try to put a pic up. I reckon he'll be ok for heifers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

tanko wrote: »
    Had one yesterday, a bull calf of course. Average sized calf, easily born. I'll try to put a pic up. I reckon he'll be ok for heifers.

Good stuff, I just ordered straws off of him last week, he has great figures, easy calving, maternal, muscle ... An all rounder!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ddogsbollix

Had one born late last night! fine strong tall calf! the cow threw it out! but........... bull calf of course!:mad:

Advertisement