Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lending ID to under 18s.

Options
  • 06-03-2012 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I just recently turned 18, and a friend has asked me if she could borrow my id to get into a club this week. The place isn't very strict on id so she most likely wouldn't have a lot of trouble since she doesn't look much like me. After a lot of fruitless searching on google, I still don't know whether or not I could get in trouble for lending her my id in Ireland. Does anyone here have any idea whether or not I will?

I have no problem lending it if it's only her that could get in trouble, but I don't want to get in trouble or lose my age card so soon after I turned 18!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

You could die.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Yakult wrote: »
    You could die.

Death by snu snu.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

Drunk people tend to lose things..I'd tell them where to go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Since you're only new to this adulthood business, we should go easy on you. You can lend your ID to your friend. If they get caught out, it's your tough luck for making a stupid decision. If they don't, you got lucky.

Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I wouldn't she may drink to much and get into drink related trouble then it would come back at you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I once lent my ID to a friend when I was 18. 15 years later, BAM!! he got herpes. True story *

* Not a true story but don't lend your ID to anyone, they're nothing but an identity thief.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Theres a few people here i wouldnt want to be friends with!

Just lend it to her, sure if she loses it just make her replace it. My mate uses my passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sorry OP but there can be only one response: she will have to wait until she is old enough. Right now it's illegal for her to use someone else's ID and it could get you in trouble as well if it's found out.
    As boards doesn't allow discussion on "shady" areas like this I will lock this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement