Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robertas closed?

Options
  • 06-03-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭

I can't get through to Robertas. Are they closed? Typical they have no answering machine. Why is that still considered fancy new fangled technology in Ireland?

If anyone knows what's up let me know. Was hoping to go there tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

The email I sent to the address on their website was also returned as failed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

tried going in today for dinner. They are closed for renovatuons until thursday one of the workmen said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

tried going in today for dinner. They are closed for renovatuons until thursday one of the workmen said

Thank F*ck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Plenty of answering machines in Ireland, and have been for years

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

When OP says "Ireland" he means "Galway" and more specifically "a certain restaurant in Salthill" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

FYI just called and got thru to someone who confirmed they're closed for renovations and opened Friday.

I stand by my point that there are still many businesses who have no VM or answering service and let their phones ring. We have plenty of friends who are the same. Very frustrating when the technology is common, cheap, and simple to use. Lump it in there with adverts that don't mention an address or businesses who don't post their opening hours. When you have to come to boards.ie to find out: epic fail -> register in business 101.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

People and businesses don't use answering machines because it's often pointless. Email is similar. Your inbox fills up and you spend ages tying up the phone calling people back and all you get is their answering machine or they've changed their mind. Or you can spend hours replying to emails instead of answering the phone or doing something more useful.

Technology doesn't always make things convenient.

Having said all that, a simple message on the answering machine like 'We are currently closed until Friday for renovations, Call again later.' Might be a bit better than letting it ring out.

Advertisement