Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BB creams

• 06-03-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

I'm intrigued about BB creams! I'm wondering does anyone have any recommendations? I'm thinking a BB cream could be good alternative to foundation on days when I still want a bit of coverage but don't want to do a full face of makeup if you know what I mean :).

I don't tend to have blemishes, but I am on the rosy side, i'm also very pale skinned.

Any recommendations/advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I have the Garnier one, and it makes me so oily.. I picked up a La Roche Posay tinted moisturiser for €8 the other day for sensitive skin (I don't have sensitive skin but it was half price!) and it's the business.. can't say much for other BB Creams but I find they are the wrong colour for paler girls and aren't great if you get oily in the office from heating, like me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I only posted up about this today, I'm very pale, Skin79 is my BB Cream of choice, it's fab!

MAC's BB Cream is also very nice!

The one from 17 is meant to be decent as well:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Missy Moo Moo

I'm in love with my estee Lauder BB cream, gives totally natural coverage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,641 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Every brand seems to have a BB cream out now anyways a good tinted moisturiser does the trick better imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Every brand seems to have a BB cream out now anyways a good tinted moisturiser does the trick better imo

they're the same though? over here at least

• Advertisement

Yes they are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BellaRose0050

Missha BB cream is brilliant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Yes they are the same

you confused me because you said these tinted moisturisers were better, LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I use the Garnier one most days as I don't wear foundation unless I am going out. It's nice my skin is normal dry so it's good as doesn't dry out my skin

Good cheap tinted moisturiser will do the trick as good as a dear BB cream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Does anyone know what the colours in the Estée Lauder bb Cream are like? I can't get into town ATM to try but I was thinking I might buy online. However in debenhams online there only seems to be two shades. Are either suitable for the pale faced?:)

Yes they are the same

They're not the same- a BB cream has fuller coverage than a tinted moisturiser but not as much as most foundations. I find they're longer lasting than TM's

Good cheap tinted moisturiser will do the trick as good as a dear BB cream

What "good cheap tinted moisturiser" are you referring to here and which dear BB cream are you pitting this tinted moisturiser against? I'd be interested to hear what brands you've tried cos for me there's a world of difference between, say, nivea tinted moisturiser and estee Lauder's bb cream.

Does anyone know what the colours in the Estée Lauder bb Cream are like? I can't get into town ATM to try but I was thinking I might buy online. However in debenhams online there only seems to be two shades. Are either suitable for the pale faced?:)

Hi,

I'm using the 01 light shade, I'm pretty pale, about NC20-25, suits me fine! Is there no other places near you that sell EL? As much as I love that bb cream, I'd be wary enough of buying stuff like foundations etc without having tested them first?

Advertisement