Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating Leaving Cert - few questions

• 06-03-2012 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

If I was to apply as an external student next year can I sit the exams in June. I understand I do not have to repeat Irish, English and Maths but can I use these points or does it have to be from the 6 subjects that I may take next year?

Thanks for advise

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

You can only use the points from one sitting of the Leaving Cert. Any grades you got previously can be used for matriculation purposes this year, but you can't use them for points unless you repeat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

You can keep things like a C3 in maths etc for matriculation but you have to obtain all your points in one sitting of the leaving cert unfortunately.

edit: ninja'd :P

Patchy~ wrote: »
    edit: ninja'd :P

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Anyusername

No probs, was kinda thinking that. :rolleyes:
    Anyone happen to know could I register next year and sit in one year or does it have to be done over 2 years?

Yeah you can, almost everyone repeats the Leaving in one year, there's no need to do two.

• Advertisement

Cheers thanks. I have honours Irish and a req of the course is to have a language at honours level (Irish is suitable to some of the colleges)

Can I use this for applying for the course along with my points from repeating 6 subjects or do I need to repeat Irish again and get the honour along with the 6 subjects?

Hope this makes sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Nope, you have your honour in Irish so you just need to get points now - but you can repeat Irish to get them if you want, considering how much easier they made it for 2012 :P

Hee Hee with all my spare time ;)

Advertisement