Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XCM Controller Lights fix

• 06-03-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

A very small thread / log about fixing the lights between the two boards of an XCM controller. Somebody opened it a little quick and yanked the wires, necessitating a repair :)

th_xcmcontroller_1.jpg

I'm not sure if the LEDs were changed or if the board came this way, but a little more delicacy soldering the SMD LEDs wouldn't go amiss. I don't know if this happened in postage but you can see the LED at D4 is missing and has lifted a pad. It's repairable, but I don't have any LEDs to replace the missing one so it'll have to be left alone this time around :)

th_xcmcontroller_2.jpg

th_xcmcontroller_3.jpg

3 wires - VCC, GND and K (Yellow, Green and Orange respectively) needed to be soldered to their points again. Quick and easy, 5 minute job :)

th_xcmcontroller_4.jpg

The final product there, lights work again so it's job done :)

Comments

Advertisement