Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to eat on lower baggott street area

Options
  • 06-03-2012 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

I have a group staying in the mespil later in the week and they'd like to get some nice pub grub in the evening - preferably somewhere with a mix of salads, sandwiches, wraps, steaks, etc............any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

The Waterloo, just around the corner on Baggot Street is a nice spot. Good food menu too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If you like pizzas, Millers (next door to the waterloo) is great. It's a casual restaurant. They're not your normal pizza, they do weird toppings and some of them are works of art. But really tasty!
    Lamb masala or wild boar are my recommendations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Paparazzo wrote: »
    If you like pizzas, Millers (next door to the waterloo) is great. It's a casual restaurant. They're not your normal pizza, they do weird toppings and some of them are works of art. But really tasty!
    Lamb masala or wild boar are my recommendations

Millers is good for lunch but they hike their prices for dinner, that drives me crazy! At least it's quieter in the evenings but not worth paying a premium for.

I Second the Waterloo for what you're looking for OP. I love that place. Both of these are on Upper Baggot Street.

On/just off Lower Baggot Street you have McGrattans behind Tesco, Matt the Thresher (formerly the Pembroke) and FXB Steakhouse (good early bird til 7pm) on Pembroke Street, they are also decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

The Canal Bank across from O'Briens (near Leeson St Bridge & Burlington Hotel).

Also Juniors, Pauiie's & The Chophouse, all beside Slatterys, Shelbourne Road.

All within a short walk ofthe Mespil Hotel. :)

Advertisement