Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone4s & ipad - do i need 3g?

• 06-03-2012 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

I am hoping the ipad2 is going to drop a bit in price once the 3 is released but just wondering if I need just wifi or have to get the 3g?

i have heard that I can use the iphone to connect to the ipad - does this work out crazy expensive?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Check your network. Some charge for theadering some don't.

If your network does charge a fortune you can take the micro sim out of the phone and put it into the 3G iPad however you lose the call function but get to surf using your data allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Howdy, I have ipad 2 and iphone 4 (contract renewed before christmas 2011) . I'm with three and pre 2012 contracts are not charged to use the iphone for tethering.
    My ipad has no 3g data card facility- wifi only but great to use iphone as modem for ipad.
    Other networks and and post christmas 2011 contracts with 3 do charge stupid rates to do this.

Advertisement