Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung repair

Options
  • 06-03-2012 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

The headphone jack isnt working properly for my samsung galaxy player. I bought it under a year ago so its still in warranty. I rang up samsung and after being on the phone for ages they eventually tell me to send it to FREEPOST REPAIR TECH. I asked them what the rest of the address was and they said thats it. Needless to say when I went into the post office they said they wouldnt accept it as they had no idea where it is going. So I rang samsung back and they just said the same thing again even after I said the post office wouldnt accept it.
    I then decided to go to Argos where I bought it to see if they would fix it but they told me because it has scratches on it, which has nothing to do with the problem and after 11 months they hardly expect it to be new, my warranty is void.
    It now looks like I have to pay myself to get it fixed :mad: any ideas where I stand in relation to this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The headphone jack isnt working properly for my samsung galaxy player. I bought it under a year ago so its still in warranty. I rang up samsung and after being on the phone for ages they eventually tell me to send it to FREEPOST REPAIR TECH. I asked them what the rest of the address was and they said thats it. Needless to say when I went into the post office they said they wouldnt accept it as they had no idea where it is going. So I rang samsung back and they just said the same thing again even after I said the post office wouldnt accept it.
    I then decided to go to Argos where I bought it to see if they would fix it but they told me because it has scratches on it, which has nothing to do with the problem and after 11 months they hardly expect it to be new, my warranty is void.
    It now looks like I have to pay myself to get it fixed :mad: any ideas where I stand in relation to this?
    Scratches would fall under normal wear and the unit should be able to withstand a few scratches without becoming faulty. you may need to look into the small claims court to get any further with Argos if they have denied any responsibility in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Repairtech are based outside Birmingham.

Full postal address:

RepairTech Limited. Unit 4b, Westfield Road, Kineton Industrial Estate, Southam, Warwickshire, CV47 0JH

Tel: 00 44 (0)844 482 11 55
    Fax: 00 44 (0)844 482 11 66
    e-mail: information@repairtech.co.uk

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

By the way, it should be Argos you're dealing with, not Samsung directly.

They're obligated to take it from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭wallpaper12

Thanks guys I went into Argos again today ready to give out to them. There was a different person working and I just said my mp3 was broken, she said no problem, they didnt stock my one anymore but she gave me the equivalent one which turns out to be better than my old one, she didnt even mention anything about trying to fix it! It really does depend on what person you end up dealing with but i so happy now :D

Advertisement