Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead 2012 Arena Tour [No Dublin date announced]

Options
  • 06-03-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if a Dublin date will be added to the leg just announced earlier today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hopefully not ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Little head bobbing, pretentious moany arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I bloody hope so, itching to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

scudzilla wrote: »
    Hopefully not ;)

Why?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tickets for Radiohead's October UK arena tour, their first in the UK for four years, will cost £65.

The Oxford band, who are currently touring North America in support of their new album 'The King Of Limbs', will play three shows on the UK tour, with tickets costing £65 (plus £6.50 in booking fees) or £47.50 (plus £4.75 in booking fees).

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Bit steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

So assuming an Irish date would be just as expensive that would work out at €85.

I'd pay that much for Radiohead but they have a massive Irish fanbase so I think they'd sell out regardless.

They have to come here, Radiohead never miss Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I'd be all over this. *Subscribes to thread*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Any update on whether Radiohead are playing Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭squonk

Not sure why you'd pay over a tenner to see these lot. Saw them twice. Both times excrutiatingly boring. Not so much as a 'hello Ireland' out of Thom Yorke, but he was so far up his own arse I'd say that's all he could see. Last time there was all this bull about the greenness and sustainability of their tour setup. I wasn't surprised when I saw their stage setup. Bunch of LED lights that you could barely see so, on top of the musical equivalent of two hours of ****, they didn't even have a decent stage light show to look at. Total bunch of cúnts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Hashy Houdini

sounds like you're not a Radiohead fan then so I'm not surprised you didn't enjoy it. They're excellent musicians who have explored the boundaries of music and experiment using loads of different types of musical gear-it's fascinating seeing them at work. I hope you didn't miss out on Westlife's last gigs at the weekend, I heard they had a deadly light show...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Saw them in Marley Park a few years back. Worst gig I've ever seen by a big band. Total snooze fest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

I saw them twice - once back in around 1998, I think - brilliant gig. Saw them around 2008 in Malahide Castle - bit of a borefest but would go again to give them another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I've always found them very hit and miss. Seen them around 7 times I think and they've been amazing and quite boring as close as a few weeks apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

Any sign of a Dublin show????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Doubt it will happen this year anyway.

Advertisement