Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I buy a gaming Rig or hold out for Next Gen console?

Options
  • 06-03-2012 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hey, I would like to get some advice off you guys. I've also posted this same topic in another forum, but I wanted to get your opinion too.

I've been an avid gamer for as long as I can remember. I started out playing PCs. Then, after that, I went onto consoles for many years, leaving the PC by the wayside.

As of late, I've been considering buying a gaming rig (everything, including peripherals) as I know that they are far more powerful than today's consoles, and tomorrow's consoles moreover. I have saved over €1500.

I was really looking forward to building!!!

Next thing I knew I was up in a friends house - having not played a PC in about 6 years, might I add - and I tried playing BF3. I sucked!!! The controls were so aggravating, albeit I was playing on a laptop. I was so disappointed!! I really wanted to enjoy it!!!

Of course, I realize that time must be devoted in order to grow accustomed to using a mouse/keyboard again. Then again, on the other hand, I LOVE my consoles too...and that has me wondering if spending all that cash on a rig would be foolish, given my uncertainty.

What should I do? Should I relax, ease off, and stick with the devil I know, and stay loyal to my consoles, even though next gen aren't due out till maybe 2014? Or should I throw caution to the wind and buy a beast of a system now, even though the controls annoyed the hell out of me that night?

By the way, I would only be using the rig for games...and maybe for normal usage i.e. music, works, etc. Also I know a lot of people from both communities so that poses no problem.

Some people have recommended I go PC anyway, then save for a console at a later date, considering they won't be out for some months/years. Would you agree? If so, what would you recommend in regards to the build? This would be my first build and I'm still learning. All I know is that i will need everything from a mouse mat to a graphics card. So, for €1500, What would you recommend?

Sorry about the long rant...

Thanks guys!!

Comments

Advertisement