Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whites Dog Food

• 06-03-2012 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Just got email from Whites now

'Over the past month or so we have been working hard to move away from Whites Premium UK. There have been many reasons for this but unfortunately we have had to do it quicker than we had originally planned.

Delivery times from the UK were getting longer & longer (which some of you may have found), we personally found this unacceptable.

Ingredients on their website & bags were not correctly listed, the main reason for our quicker than anticipated move.

Now we find Whites Premium Uk is no longer trading.

We are dealing with the same mill who produces the food for Whites in the UK and are able to access all the recipies (apart from Light & Sensitive) they used & this time the ingredients are listed 100% correct. The food is the same as it always was but now you know 100% what those ingredients are.

Unfortunatly due to the sudden move the packaging is not as it should be but this is being rectified & should filter through to you over the next few months.

We are now able to increase our range of flavours, which will be introduced over the next few months. One product we have brought on board is Economy Plus.

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE WE ARE ABLE TO BRING OUR PRICES DOWN!!!!'

Good news - cheaper and new flavors

But what's up with the ingredients not being correctly listed!!

Edit:- their now called Creavens Premium

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 BennyBlanc0

Different wrapper......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Interesting... After reading really good things about Whites here on boards, I was eager to try my two dogs on it. I requested a free sample from the Whites Premium website a few weeks ago. When I didn't receive it I followed it up with an email and never received a reply. I guess this explains why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Interesting... After reading really good things about Whites here on boards, I was eager to try my two dogs on it. I requested a free sample from the Whites Premium website a few weeks ago. When I didn't receive it I followed it up with an email and never received a reply. I guess this explains why.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Creavens-Premium-Pet-Foods/229334690491943

Try here for the samples.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭_Lady_

Same as re: the samples. Thanks for the link!

RubyGirl wrote: »

Thanks for the link - I had just re-ordered the sample through the new Creaven's website but I'll post on Facebook if I don't hear from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I got the new bags already, they're in temporary package, bit confused because the ingredients on the back say - Rice (min 30%) Lamb (min 26%) which isn't the ingredients on the Whites original packaging but apparently that was mis-labelled, but should the meat not be the first and main ingredient? Am still using an 'old' Whites bag so haven't tried the 'new' bags yet and not really sure what to do at this stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Yeah, I got this email, after a struggle to get the food to find out that its not what it was claimed i was very disappointed.

Switched to royal canin, mixed the RC with the whites to ease my fella over, He picked out the new RC and left the whites in his dish.

Wont be going near Creavens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 luckboy

Have to say thats funny,I ran out of whites at xmas,got 12kg of RC for my to dogs!
    Had to take them of it! cost me 65e!Thankgod back on whites/creavens for the last 3weeks dogs are doing brill again! had alook at whites ingredients & alook at creavens ingredients & they are the same! Lamb & Rice 15Kg bag 38e and my dogs are more then happy on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Apparently the bags I got in the temp. packaging were labelled wrong, they replaced them for the new and proper packaging and the ingredients are as they were with Whites. So I'm gonna stick with it for now, suits the dogs and suits our pockets!

I got my free sample and the dogs seem to like it, so I've taken a chance and ordered a big bag of lamb & rice. As Tranceypoo said, it suits my pocket. Fingers crossed it'll suit the dogs too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Renno123

just ordered a free sample of "senior and light".
    can anyone tell me if cravens is a good quality food?
    i have been using the regular supermarket stuff for years and have decided to look at the higher quality stuff. i just bought a bag of "purina beta"
    would the cravins be a higher quality brand?
    is it a complete food?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Renno123 wrote: »
    i have been using the regular supermarket stuff for years and have decided to look at the higher quality stuff. i just bought a bag of "purina beta"
    is it a complete food?
    It is complete. I can't speak for it being better than any others, but it suits my pair the best of anything I've found.

luckboy wrote: »
    had alook at whites ingredients & alook at creavens ingredients & they are the same!!

Wasn't the problem the what was on the label of whites wasn't actually what was in the food!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

liger wrote: »
    Wasn't the problem the what was on the label of whites wasn't actually what was in the food!!!!

Exactly! I got the same email:

Ingredients on their website & bags were not correctly listed
    , the main reason for our quicker than anticipated move.

Now we find Whites Premium Uk is no longer trading.

We are dealing with the same mill who produces the food for Whites in the UK and are able to access all the recipies (apart from Light & Sensitive) they used & this time the ingredients are listed 100% correct. The food is the same as it always was but now you know 100% what those ingredients are.

bit confused because the ingredients on the back say - Rice (min 30%) Lamb (min 26%) which isn't the ingredients on the Whites original packaging but apparently that was mis-labelled,

this got changed now again on their webpage into
    Ingredients
    Lamb Meat Meal (min 26%), Rice (26%)

Honestly I wouldn't trust a company who is changing everything around so very often and didn't know what was in their food when selling it the first time! Sorry :mad:

Well my vet sells RC & hill,he was the one that put my dogs on creavens/whites
    he said creavens/whites is as good as any foods thats out there if not neven better!!
    I am useing this vet for the last 28years!! And some one in cork that i told about it is vet is also selling it!! And he has told him the samething!! I dont know the vet in cork,
    So one vet in cork and one vet that in know in Dublin thats my vet!! I thing i know my vet well down the years,take him not to be a fool!!!

Renno123 wrote: »
    is it a complete food?
    Dont know how good the senior & light is,i use the lamb & rice and sometimes i use the chicken & rice, i find them very good food!! Thats as much i can tell you,hope that helps..

Well my vet sells RC & hill,he was the one that put my dogs on creavens/whites
    he said creavens/whites is as good as any foods thats out there if not neven better!!
    I am useing this vet for the last 28years!! And some one in cork that i told about it is vet is also selling it!! And he has told him the samething!! I dont know the vet in cork,
    So one vet in cork and one vet that in know in Dublin thats my vet!! I thing i know my vet well down the years,take him not to be a fool!!!

Not saying your vet is a fool. My vet had a look at the Whites info sheet I brought down and said it was good food too.

However!!! The vet is basing that conclusion on the given information. If the ACTUAL ingridents are different then who can say if Whites/Creavens food is actually good or not because YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW WHATS IN IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭_Lady_

Surely on that basis you should only ever cook your dog food your self because unless you can scientifically test every nut you're never going to know what's in it?

My fella is on red mills leader large breed for puppies and to be honest every other dog in our family has survived perfectly well on cheaper nuts and small bits of meat from our own meals. But I'm worried on 2 counts 1) leader large breed nuts are bigger and this stops him from hoovering them down (the whites /creavans puppy sample of nuts were absolutely tiny and I haven't seen anything about a large breed food.) 2) I can't afford to be spending the guts of 50€ on nuts every month but I'm concerned for his coat and the fact that he's a bigger dog than others we've had so more of a growth spurt to get through.

Am sick of being laughed at by people who have their perfectly healthy dogs on optidog or pal or bakers but those dogs don't need to eat as much as my guy does still at 6 months.

Have heard of people giving supplements along with less expensive nuts but not sure about this either.

To top it all off ive just had some had some bad reports about my vet so losing faith in all aspects !!! :(

Not saying your vet is a fool. My vet had a look at the Whites info sheet I brought down and said it was good food too.

However!!! The vet is basing that conclusion on the given information. If the ACTUAL ingridents are different then who can say if Whites/Creavens food is actually good or not because YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW WHATS IN IT.
    WELL THEY MUST BE SOMETHING BETTER IN CREAVENS/WHITES CAUSE WHEN I GAVE RC TO MY DOGS THEY PUT S--T FROM DUBLIN TO CORK FOR ABOUT WEEK!!!!!!

I just switched my two sensitive dogs to Creavens/Whites. So far they seem to be doing ok on it. However, one of the reasons I switched was because it was a lower price per kg than many other "premium" foods. Unfortunately, though, the recommended feeding amount is a lot higher than that of the food I was using (Taste of the Wild) so I won't be saving much money. :rolleyes: I probably should have known better...

On the plus side, delivery was fast and I didn't have to be there to sign for it - it was left behind my bins as instructed (something Zooplus won't do).

I'll stick with Creavens a while longer and see how it goes. Zooplus's supply of Taste of the Wild has been fairly erratic lately and the addition of a second large dog has made it a little expensive.

• Advertisement

WELL THEY MUST BE SOMETHING BETTER IN CREAVENS/WHITES CAUSE WHEN I GAVE RC TO MY DOGS THEY PUT S--T FROM DUBLIN TO CORK FOR ABOUT WEEK!!!!!!

Any chance you work for whites/Creavens? You only 4 posts are on this thread and you only have blessed brillant things to say about it, not even awknowledging the fact that the food they were selling to people had falsely list ingridents.

People hear are only trying to offer each other advice from their experiences and want whats best for the animals we have.

Whites with false ingridiants = BAD. Their goodwill is destroyed in my view and I will not use or recommend them again.

Any chance you work for whites/Creavens? You only 4 posts are on this thread and you only have blessed brillant things to say about it, not even awknowledging the fact that the food they were selling to people had falsely list ingridents.

People hear are only trying to offer each other advice from their experiences and want whats best for the animals we have.

Whites with false ingridiants = BAD. Their goodwill is destroyed in my view and I will not use or recommend them again.
    are you off your head or what?? I dont care what you say about whites,you can say what you like!!! And tell people what you want!! Am telling what i think of the food! And i have that right!!! AND BY THE WAY I DO NOT WORK FOR ANY DOG FOOD COMPANY!!! Who do you think you are to say that i work for whites!! Did i say you work for RC??? Most of my work is outside ireland!!! I work as truck driver!!! Is that ok now!!!!

And forgott to say long weekend!! That how i am around this weekend!! God people like you do my head in! cas your not getting your way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I'll ask that people chill out a little please before posting.
    Also any issues with posts - as always use the report post function.

star-pants wrote: »
    I'll ask that people chill out a little please before posting.
    Also any issues with posts - as always use the report post function.
    Am sorry for going off on one star-pants! But i have been told by liger that i must work for a dog food company cause i have just 6 posts on boards!! This is not right for them to say!! I could not care what anyone says about any dog food company let be whites/creavens or red mills or rc!! Its all the same to me!!

luckboy -- to be fair, a lot of people sign up just to push companies / brands etc. and so they only have one or two posts, raving about whatever company/product it is. However if someone thinks that, they should just report the post for a moderator to look at.
    We'll leave it here for now as to not drag this thread further off topic.

star-pants wrote: »
    luckboy -- to be fair, a lot of people sign up just to push companies / brands etc. and so they only have one or two posts, raving about whatever company/product it is. However if someone thinks that, they should just report the post for a moderator to look at.
    We'll leave it here for now as to not drag this thread further off topic.
    Yes i understand that! I look at this as form of bulling on line by liger!! To say i work for a company cause i have just got 6 post! liger can say good & bad things about dog foods cause they have 450 post on here!! Not going to let this one go!!!

Yes i understand that! I look at this as form of bulling on line by liger!! To say i work for a company cause i have just got 6 post! liger can say good & bad things about dog foods cause they have 450 post on here!! Not going to let this one go!!!

I have already made my post on thread warning people to report the post if there's an issue. That covers someone thinking you might be working for a company. *Again* I'll ask you to not drag this thread further off topic - do not reply to this post please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tango_1224

I'm really confused!! I thought I was being a bit clever last year ordering the bogof offers all year to stock up on Whites premium, which my dog loves, but when this runs out I don't know what to do, I want the absolute best for my dog and thought white's was! human grade meat and no additives etc. Is Creavens any good? I tried her on Burns a while ago but it didn't agree with her and she turns her nose up at James Wellbeloved. The stuff I have won't run out for a few months but I'm gonna need to prepare if I have to switch to something else! I can't find any reviews for Creavens as yet, HELP!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'm currently getting to the end of my supply of Whites, and I'm wondering how people are finding the Creavens.

Advertisement