Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day work/Price work advice

Options
  • 06-03-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I am looking for prices from different lads to do different parts of my self build like the ground work, block work, roof, plastering. I have had 2 guys back to me already saying "€100 per day per person is the rate we charge for the ground work":confused:, and they will not give a price for the job. Is this the way things are at the moment? I didn't think guys still work this way. Anybody have similar quotes like this? Is this the way its done? I was always under the impression day labour was a bad idea espically if your not around to supervise it. These self builds seem to get more complicated as it gets closer to starting. Any advice on what to do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Hi all,
    I am looking for prices from different lads to do different parts of my self build like the ground work, block work, roof, plastering. I have had 2 guys back to me already saying "€100 per day per person is the rate we charge for the ground work":confused:, and they will not give a price for the job. Is this the way things are at the moment? I didn't think guys still work this way. Anybody have similar quotes like this? Is this the way its done? I was always under the impression day labour was a bad idea espically if your not around to supervise it. These self builds seem to get more complicated as it gets closer to starting. Any advice on what to do??

O.K I know the answer, but will ask anyway, are these '' guys'' registered, do they carry insurance, do they charge VAT, etc etc. Or is the 100 per day on top of what the State pays them, if so nice work if you can get it.

I would prefer myself for a tradesman to take my plans and give me a price based on what has been specified, by the Architect, planning Reg's etc

Sounds like you are just starting out, so best of luck.

Advertisement