Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cereal!

Options
  • 06-03-2012 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Let's be honest, cereal is the absolute bomb diggity, 'tis truly the snack of Kings. I'm currently nursing a serious addiction to the stuff; I can't even remember the last breakfast I had to endure without a bountiful supply of some slightly soggy grains on hand. Just this minute, I polished off a bowl of Jordan's Honey Baked Oat Granola with some sliced banana and a dash of Alpro Soya strawberry yoghurt and my sweet dick, it was t-oat-ally scrumptious!

Not too long ago, I chanced upon the Holy Grail of cereal consumption: cereal combination. Each morning is an exciting new expedition into the uncharted (but blissfully warm!) waters of an edible alchemy that produces an orgasmic hodge-podge of biblical proportions. Weetabix is staple foundation, upon which I add generous varying layers of absolutely anything I have in sight; be it some Frosted Wheats, Honey Nut Cheerios, Shreddies, Almond Oats and More, Jordan's Country Crisp.

I don't care if it's muesli, porridge, oatmeal or cornmeal; they're all fair game as far as cereal is concerned. Let me hear some love boardsies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭SugarCoat

Cereals are killer!!! pun intended :D love special k,oats and more,coco pops and lucky charms(haven't had the last one in years though :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Was thinking about cereal the other day in tesco.....there is a whole aisle for cereal, but when you actually look at the displays there is loads of weetabix, rice krispies, cornflakes etc,

I havent really had or seen any mind blowing ones.....i seen a strawberry sugar puffs,

The weirdest was probably Kelloggs Banana Bubbles in the early 90's, like ricicles but with banana flavour.

Just tried a cereal called "choco pillows"(strange name i know) from aldi today.It's a chocolatey wheat based cereal with chocolate-hazelnut filling inside.Maybe it's just be but when you eat it dry it tastes like pink wafer biscuits :confused: NOM NOM NOM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

SugarCoat wrote: »
    Just tried a cereal called "choco pillows"(strange name i know) from aldi today.It's a chocolatey wheat based cereal with chocolate-hazelnut filling inside.Maybe it's just be but when you eat it dry it tastes like pink wafer biscuits :confused: NOM NOM NOM

Any use with milk? I'm keen to try some of the Aldi cereals, as they have tons of varieties and it's so cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I love this one:

http://www.stablediet.com/products.php?product=4&np=Toasted%20Breakfast%20Cereal

A little expensive but I'm addicted.

• Advertisement

Stompbox wrote: »
    Any use with milk? I'm keen to try some of the Aldi cereals, as they have tons of varieties and it's so cheap!
    Actually not much of a difference with or without milk since the filling cancels out any of the wafer's dryness,still nom.Won't be eating cereal again for a few weeks as i'm an absolute slave to it when i eat it :o.30g serving my eye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

500g box of coco pops. Here today, gone tonight.

I'm addicted to the stuff when it's in the house :p

Leeg17 wrote: »
    500g box of coco pops. Here today, gone tonight.

I'm addicted to the stuff when it's in the house :p
    Amen to that,thank god they artifically add vitamins and fibre to it.Atleast i won't have to feel too guilty for skipping lunch and dinner to compensate for eating almost the entire box this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

most awesome cereal ever http://www.amazon.com/Post-Cinnamon-CHURROS-Crunchy-Sweetened/dp/B0050PKKDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332098080&sr=8-1

only available in the states unfortunately.

If you really love cereal this column is worth a read http://www.seriouseats.com/cereal_eats/?ref=columns

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Anyone remember Quaker Oat Crunchies?

Gorgeous, malty pillows that floated on the milk.
    Not seen them in years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement