Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ESB Networks Meter

Options
  • 07-03-2012 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi All, my apologies if this is a silly question. I have attached a picture of one of the readings. Its a digital display - and it has six digits - The ESB look for a five digit reading and have been taking for example on this photo 56464 and the bills have been astronomically huge! Shouldn't they include the zero and use 05646. In the old meters wasnt there a number in red at the end that wasnt read! ... What do people think?. Thank you in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

The five digits on the meter are 56464. There is no decimal point in the reading,therefore the last digit - (4) is a whole number .

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭kanoute696

well I was hoping you wouldn't say that ... So that is definitely the reading then -56464. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

No probs. Turn off some stuff !! ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Kanoute696,

If you would like us to check your account by private message, do let us know. :)

All the best,
    Una

Hi again folks,

Just as a general piece of information, if you have a networks/technical query in relation to electricity, our colleagues ESB Networks are the people to contact. This is their contact details page (they do not have a presence here on Boards).

Regards :)
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi kanoute696,

Just to add to what Una and fuerte1976 have said above.

I can understand why you thought (or hoped ;)) the last digit was to be ignored - this is the case with our standard mechanical (i.e. non-digital) meters:

standard_meter.gif

We have a section on our website here, detailing the different types of available meters and how to read them.

If there's anything else you need help with, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 distantdrum

Have the ESB GOT a problem with their meter reading app it keep saying cannot contact esb at this time please try later i have all the correct info in and updated the app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi distantdrum,

We are aware of the problem and apologise for the inconvenience caused. We should have it fixed very soon - I will post again once the problem has been sorted.

In the meantime, if you need to submit/adjust a meter reading, you can do so online here.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 distantdrum

Is this a phone or an app problem and it is surprising to say the least how many consumers have Iphones or pads one other issue that comes up when I meet people is that they tell me they are asked for DOB on reaching you .A lot of people find this annoying especially the ladies any comments

Hi Distantdrum,

Just waiting on confirmation regarding the app issue.

With regards to date of birth: this is a piece of data we have to ask for security/data protection purposes when a customer has a specific query in relation to their account. It is provided by the customer when their account is set up, so in order to verify that it is that specific customer to whom we are speaking, we are required to ask it.

All the best,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement