Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baby powder on face?

• 07-03-2012 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi all!

I'm wondering, does anybody know if it's safe to use baby powder (talc, not cornstarch) in place of a face powder? I've heard that inhaling it can cause illness?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

MangoLime, I used it years ago as a setting powder but stopped when I heard that about the dangers of long-term exposure of inhaling finely milled powders. At the time there was no definitive research done but I believe it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Also, because of the talc content you will look unnaturally pale not only in person but freakishly white in photographs....believe me, many a photograph from that time has been burnt!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

most face powders are made with talc? so confused :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

most face powders are made with talc? so confused :o

Yep talc content in face powders is a pain in the butt! :mad: You'll notice that the more expensive powders tend to have a lower talc content though, but most (if not all) will contain some percentage of it. I used Nars loose face powder in the past which I found fantastic and it photographed well too. In contrast I used Max Factor loose powder for a while...it does not photograph well :o
    One important thing to note with face powder is to use it as little as possible and only on the areas that you tend to see shine. Then when you need to re-apply during the day blot first with tissue paper before lightly dusting the face again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

Would the smell of baby not bother you? That's one thing baby powder always reminds me of - smell of babies and nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭curry_person

abrr1000 wrote: »
    Would the smell of baby not bother you? That's one thing baby powder always reminds me of - smell of babies and nappies.

lol :) you only use a small bit you wouldnt smell anything cause only a tiny amount i use it my face a good bit, i fink if you worry about all health warnings you'll go mad :P if you died from baby powder youll make sky news :) as long you aint going crazy with it, i doubt people inhale much of baby powder to do much damage :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 beautybrains

Yes I learned before that baby powder gets trapped in the lungs and cause problems if overly used. Yes I know we use it on baby etc. but truth is with over exposure it can cause problems. Also using it on the face can clog pores and lead to break outs and blackheads. Why not invest in a normal face powder, I find Rimmels one stay matte one fantasic and its only like €6-7.
    a quick tip when buying a face powder:
    -Make sure its a translucant one. If you wear a coloured powder, come midday when your skin starts to produce oil the coloured powder will start to absorb the oils from the skin and cause the colouring in your foundation to dark and become blotchy and orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MangoLime

Thanks for the replies everybody! I use normal face powder at the moment, but noticed the other day that it contains talc so as I use baby powder anyway I thought it would be a way to save money.

Thanks again!

Advertisement