Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 -Game Week 9 Scheduling ** Ends Monday**

Options
  • 07-03-2012 12:31am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Game week 9 scheduling etc in here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Titans (kaiche) @ Saints (CPU)

49ers (adro76) @ Eagles (Rizzo412)

Buccaneers (StevoIRE) @ Colts (Sundalic)

Lions (Eamonn87) @ Falcons (notyalc666)

Patriots (CPU) @ Dolphins (Chicarito1014)

Cowboys (LargeTacoFries) @ Giants (etloveslsd)

Panthers (theprince83) @ Texans (Pudsy33)

Vikings (CPU) @ Packers (Ben SFC)

Jets (Berty44) @ Bills (DangerDavo85)

Bears (P4ddy31) @ Chiefs (CPU)

Raiders (asmosis7) @ Chargers (Specsy)

Seahawks (CPU) @ Steelers (CPU)

Rams (ali g no1) @ Bengals (BigBadRob83)

Cardinals (ShaneCos11) @ Redskins (CPU)

Please remember you have 5 days to play games and to make our availability in this thread. The gameweek starts today(Thursday) so you have until Monday inclusive, to play your game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Bye week for Ravens and Browns here in the AFC North

We're hoping for a Bengals loss of course :)

Gwan the Rams

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Prince, I'll be out of the country after saturday. If the gameweek advances early I'll be available to play any evening this week I think. If not I'll drop out to let you play. I'll have to drop out next gameweek anyways.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'll get my game against the Saints done once the week is advanced.. having withdrawals :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

49ers (adro76) @ Eagles (Rizzo412)

When is good for you?

Assuming the Gameweek is moved on soon I can play

Thursday : from 7pm
    Friday : From 7pm
    Saturday/Sunday : Not really around over the weekend though Sunday night may be a possibility
    Monday: Avaialbe from around 9

Any of that suit you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Mad Ali G (Rams)- if gameweek is advanced this evening I can play from around 8:30

Not available Fri/Sat
    Sun - from 8:00
    Mon - from 6:00

Let me know what suits, when we know league advancement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Mad Ali G (Rams)- if gameweek is advanced this evening I can play from around 8:30

Not available Fri/Sat
    Sun - from 8:00
    Mon - from 6:00

Let me know what suits, when we know league advancement
    That suits tonight.

madalig12 wrote: »
    That suits tonight.

Cool, will send you a message if GW gets advanced.
    Might actually be able to do earlier if suits you too. Will wait and see on the advancement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

That suits tonight.

Cool, will send you a message if GW gets advanced.
    Might actually be able to do earlier if suits you too. Will wait and see on the advancement
    Cool im home all day so.

Gameweek will now start from today lads, so you have Thursday-Monday to play your games. My OP has been edited accordingly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Raoul. When did prince say he'd be back? I am out of the country from sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Raoul. When did prince say he'd be back? I am out of the country from sat.

He's not available to play in league for a few weeks, so you'll get play the CPU.

Berty! My 4 attempt in Madden 12 to try and bear you. Sunday /Monday night are good for me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Will get my game done tonight if I've no astro match

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

notyalc666, when can you play our game? I can play today if its before 5. Or else anytime tomorrow during the day?

Other than that it will be Sunday night or Monday.

My last CPU game of the season. Gonna play it now. Aiming for 300 yards passing with Locker and no picks. No chance it's gonna happen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Giants, I can play any time after 5:30pm today.

Although I do have a feeling that we're going to run into connection issues as we tried to play a friendly last week and the same thing happened.

Fingers crossed we'll be OK though!

Cool im home all day so.

Nice one, will send a message when get back and available this evening.

Berty! My 4 attempt in Madden 12 to try and bear you. Sunday /Monday night are good for me

Looking forward to the "How to beat the Jets post", with contributions from McG too after his playoff victory last season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

He's not available to play in league for a few weeks, so you'll get play the CPU.

Monday is best for me. After the Arsenal / Newcastle game at around 10?

Berty44 wrote: »
    After the Arsenal / Newcastle game at around 10?

Lock it in !

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Paully D wrote: »
    Giants, I can play any time after 5:30pm today.

Although I do have a feeling that we're going to run into connection issues as we tried to play a friendly last week and the same thing happened.

Fingers crossed we'll be OK though!

I'm not around this evening. I should be free all weekend from 7 tomorrow.

Hopefully we won't have an issue. Since I have been havin the troubles, I reset my router to factory settings and re installed it.

No having any problems but other than madden I had none before hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

etloveslsd wrote: »
    I'm not around this evening. I should be free all weekend from 7 tomorrow.

Hopefully we won't have an issue. Since I have been havin the troubles, I reset my router to factory settings and re installed it.

No having any problems but other than madden I had none before hand

No problem, shall we say 7:30pm tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Stevo, I should be available tomorrow evening or most Sat or Sun (except from 1300-1400 and 2100-2145 both) barring work emergency (which is not that unlikely right now).

When suits you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Can the Chargers play tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Nobody is taking this game lightly

Raiders coach struck first in the war of words with this post :eek:
    matthew8 wrote: »
    If you are the Chargers, then you'd better prepare to die.

Could this be the new bodybag game?

Kildare is not a county known for producing top coaches and sportsmen but step forward Lukebray who is the new coach and GM of the Chargers.

Can Lukebray put manners on the Raiders?

Lets have a look

Offense

Raiders
    Raiders are second lowest in passing yardage, above only the ground n'pound Lions. Raiders have eleven picks, about league average.
    Raiders also favour the run game and are a very respectable eighth in rushing yardage.
    Some serious talent here, Matt Schaub and MJB with Wes Welker, Chad Johnson and Greg Olson the main recieving threats
    You don't run the ball without a good Oline and Raiders have some good players but I spy a weakness at RG with the highest rating at 70.
    Worth mentioning that FB Sammy Morris is heading to the probowl with three TD's, there is an effective tactic

Chargers
    Here we are eleventh in passing yardage and twenty first in rushing yardage. The new coach has been practicing in friendlies, can they improve the run game?
    Rookie Jaxon Boone under center, no star WR's here but LeGarrette Blount is an tough man to stop. Chargers have no stars on the Oline, very average ratings but if they work as a unit they'll be very good.

Defense

Raiders
    Twenty first against the pass and twenty sixth against the run. This is worrying and Raiders coach need to show some classic Raiders brutal defense. Smash and shut down the opponent.
    No probowlers here but this can all improve

Chargers
    Two oppposites here
    Chargers are twenty ninth against the pass but an incredible second against the pass. With a bit more balance here and this could be one of the best in the league
    The run defense is anchored by Tyson Alualu DT who has five sacks.

There are no notable stats here from either team for sacks, forced fumbles or Ints

Predictions

The Chargers coach is new so previous stats don't matter for a whole lot

San Diego recently beat the impressive Broncos in a recent friendly. Ok it's just a friendly but LaGarrette Blount had over 200 yards. Very impressive rushing performance

I expect this to be a run heavy game with maybe three or four picks

The Chargers coach seems confident and I reckon they will take it

Chargers +10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

McG wrote: »
    Stevo, I should be available tomorrow evening or most Sat or Sun (except from 1300-1400 and 2100-2145 both) barring work emergency (which is not that unlikely right now).

When suits you?

I may be around from 6 till 8 tomorrow but that's a bit shacky. Saturday or Sunday suit me better.

With a preview like that you'd better hope I don't play you in the wildcard round.

Matthew I do love you non bull$hit comments

Matthew I do love you non bull$hit comments

I'm taking that as an insult.

Its good to have someone as the raiders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Raoul wrote: »
    notyalc666, when can you play our game? I can play today if its before 5. Or else anytime tomorrow during the day?

Other than that it will be Sunday night or Monday.

Sorry man, was out all day today, only just saw this. Yea anytime tomorrow will suit. What time you thinking?

Advertisement