Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens hair salon

• 07-03-2012 12:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭

Time to swallow the pride and ask this.... anyone know of a hair salon in Limerick that regularly style mens hair?

Im growing my hair out and need to get a wave / perm added now that its long enough (Im going for a slicked back look but with naturally straight hair Id look like something a kin to gomez addams). I consulted with a salon in town and they obviously had little or no experience with cutting mens hair and seem to treat someone asking for a perm like someone asking for heroin.

Ive had to curl it myself to make sure the effect would work which it does but I cant do that every second day so a perm to the same size as the curler used is the idea solution and besides Im a guy, if it looks kack I can shave it off and start again.

So .... anyone know a salon that regularly do mens hair for a perm?
    Answer will entitle the poster to quantity of x1 man card.

:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Fecking offensive post. Just because I have a scouse accent I should know about perms? :mad::mad::mad:

:p

Would imagine that any decent barber would be able to advise you on it though.

Try Razors in Thomondgate. Very good barber who knows his trade.

A slightly left field suggestion might be Pat Stapleton on O'Connell Street. Have not gone to him in a bit, but what the man does not know about hair is not worth knowing.

There are plenty of other barbers in town who have trendier looking barber shops and even fancier price lists, but the two I mentioned would beat most of them in terms of being very good at what they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Kess73 wrote: »
    Fecking offensive post. Just because I have a scouse accent I should know about perms? :mad::mad::mad:

A slightly left field suggestion might be Pat Stapleton on O'Connell Street. Have not gone to him in a bit, but what the man does not know about hair is not worth knowing.

There are plenty of other barbers in town who have trendier looking barber shops and even fancier price lists, but the two I mentioned would beat most of them in terms of being very good at what they do.

Calm down, alright

scousers.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭diol07

Kess73 wrote: »

I'd go as far as to say that most of the barbers in town and surrounding areas are clueless and incapable of doing anything that doesn't involve a razor or blade. Most of them are employing young inexperienced hairdressers who only seem to be capable of scalping you. The standard is shocking. Might try out your few suggestions myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Moved to the Beauty forum :P

bazz26 wrote: »
    Calm down, alright

scousers.jpg

:D

Oi! Who said you could put up pics of me and my family? ;)

• Advertisement

diol07 wrote: »
    I'd go as far as to say that most of the barbers in town and surrounding areas are clueless and incapable of doing anything that doesn't involve a razor or blade. Most of them are employing young inexperienced hairdressers who only seem to be capable of scalping you. The standard is shocking. Might try out your few suggestions myself

Do try out the two I mentioned. Both can do the razor work that the other barbers can, but they can both go oldschool with scissors etc., and both are very good with styling and also offering advice of what to use to achieve/keep a style as well.

Razors is excellent with a laid back atmosphere and a really nice guy who takes the time to get to know all his regulars but who also treats any new face the same as someone going there years. He is an Arsenal fan so he does have his faults:), but would defo put him forward as an excellent barber. His Barber shop is tiny, but it is clean, well stocked, and has the one thing that matters in a barber shop.

Pat Stapleton is a tad more eccentric at times and personally I love it when someone he dislikes or someone that he takes an instant dislike to comes in. :D Damn good old school barber though, and a very interesting man if you get on with him, which thankfully I seem to do. But whether he likes you or not, you will always get the same quality of cut, shave, or style. Speaking of shaves, get a hot towel and shave from the man on a quiet day and you will feel amazing afterwards. It is an especially good experience if you let the stubble grow out for a few days beforehand.

Advertisement