Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag Party Ideas on East Coast

Options
  • 07-03-2012 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

have to organise my stag party soon so looking for ideas?

what would you do that not usually whats done

(im posting this here as i dont really know where to have it, so culchies cant say 'dublin forum that way')

in before <snip> and amsterdam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Having mine in Hamburg in september. Hopefully there'll be beer festivals on and we're looking to catch a match but after that nothing planned. I'll watch this thread with interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

You should go to Las Vegas, have a few beers and swing by Mike Tysons house. Im sure the japes will be hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Whatever you decide on, keep it affordable for people. So going abroad or going somewhere more expensive might not be an option- even if it's what you'd love, if all your friends can't afford it then it's not going to be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You can rent boats for the weekend from Emerald Star in Carrick-on-Shannon. Gings pub (beside the bridge) have a jetty there where you can pull up to & moor at the beer garden & there's loads of pubs up and down the river.

The boats all have beds, cookers and stuff. They're fucking great craic - think 'bumper cars on water'. You can drink all weekend & move around the place without getting done for drink driving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Paint-balling or watersports (not that!!, Wind surfing, canoeing etc), followed by a few drinks (Major Session)

Some sort of activity like that gives people who may not all know each other something to talk about etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

should have said that it will be on the east coast and i hate paintballing

should have said that it will be on the east coast and i hate paintballing

:mad:

Carlingford is great craic was at a stag there last year

should have said that it will be on the east coast

Dublin forum that way
    }

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=670

that forum usually has hen/stag stuff

Dublin forum that way
    }

down, louth, meath, dublin, wicklow and wexford are on the east coast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Cancel it and don't get married. It never lasts.

Wexford's a good spot for a night out.

And after a few drinks you can even tolerate the accent. Hun.

:pac:

You can rent boats for the weekend from Emerald Star in Carrick-on-Shannon. Gings pub (beside the bridge) have a jetty there where you can pull up to & moor at the beer garden & there's loads of pubs up and down the river.

The boats all have beds, cookers and stuff. They're fucking great craic - think 'bumper cars on water'. You can drink all weekend & move around the place without getting done for drink driving!

now thats interesting

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Cluedo and wine...and congrats ya bollix:).

Mondello park, a few laps / race before session

Shelbourne park - night at the dogs

Caraville wrote: »
    Wexford's a good spot for a night out.

And after a few drinks you can even tolerate the accent. Hun.

:pac:

i like thomas moore's and the undertakers. used to the accent now since moving to arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Newport, County Wales :D

micropig wrote: »
    Mondello park, a few laps / race before session

Coppers - night at the dogs

FYP.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The Marble city

I forgot you'd moved to Arklow...so def go Cluedo and wine and a few weeks after you can do Cluedo and Wine and wife swap. That's how it rolls in darkest Wicklah:pac:.

• Advertisement

i like thomas moore's and the undertakers. used to the accent now since moving to arklow

I don't know if I could ever get used to that accent!!

I've only been out in Wexford a few times but it's always lively and good craic. If the weather was nice it'd be really good, some gorgeous beaches. Are you looking to do some activity or just pub-based activities??!

humberklog wrote: »
    I forgot you'd moved to Arklow...so def go Cluedo and wine and a few weeks after you can do Cluedo and Wine and wife swap. That's how it rolls in darkest Wicklah:pac:.

you still in the arcade? must drop in soon

Carlow is also a great spot for a session

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

Find a midget, pay him 200euro to handcuff himself to the groom for the duration of the stag party. Hilarity will ensue...

you still in the arcade? must drop in soon

I am indeed and you can pick up a present on the house:).

But be sure you come by Mon to Wed as I'm usually elsewhere other than then. But a pic on the house big fella! (once it's mine:pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Rent out a mansion and get a marquee and some entertainment and bring the house down. Oh yeah and strippers.

And ferrets, get loads of ferrets and have ferret races... it would be awesome

d.anthony wrote: »
    Find a midget, pay him 200euro to handcuff himself to the groom for the duration of the stag party. Hilarity will ensue...

eh, im not interested in handcuffing a dwarf to myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Up early with ye & get a good mass. Then climb carrauntwohill.

FoxT wrote: »
    Up early with ye & get a good mass. Then climb carrauntwohill.

sorry not a member of the catholic cult

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭patsyrockem

I too am trying to organise a stag, preferably in Munster area in late August. Trying to keep it reasonable otherwise we'd be off to Poland:D It will be 20-25 fellas in their late 30's. No activities needed just beer, thinking of some big country town with late bars/niteclub. Don't want to head to Killarney/Tralee or any other traditional stag locations. Tullamore and Clonmel have been mentioned and I like Dingle, would love to hear to other ideas or previous experiences;)

Advertisement