Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Yorkie

• 07-03-2012 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

We have an 18 month-old Yorkie male who has been sick for the past couple of days. On Monday morning he was physically sick and seemed OK afterwards. Ate his food, etc and all seemed normal. Yesterday morning he had a bad bout of diarrhea, so we starved him for the day.

Lots of windy rumbles from his stomach, etc. Got up this morning and he was sick again. Our son was minding him last weekend and he was in the company of two other Yorkies, so I don't know if he picked something up.

Going to bring him to the vet later on, but just wondering if anyone had any experience of similar?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Freddie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

It'd be hard to guess, the vet would be the best, I hope you got on ok with them.
    I would think, maybe if whilst in the care of your son, that the dog was given something to eat that wouldn't be part of the normal diet maybe? or a treat?
    Or as you said it may have been anything they happened across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

star-pants wrote: »
    It'd be hard to guess, the vet would be the best, I hope you got on ok with them.
    I would think, maybe if whilst in the care of your son, that the dog was given something to eat that wouldn't be part of the normal diet maybe? or a treat?
    Or as you said it may have been anything they happened across.

Thanks for the reply. Possibly. I fed him a little this morning and he kept it down. Not listless or anything. Just back from a walk where he was still a bit runny, so I'll hold off until the morning for the vet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Update. Brought him to the vets today. His intestine was badly inflamed, so an immediate injection, anti-inflammatories, and antibiotics. Really chirping up now!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Thanks for the update, the poor thing, I'm glad you brought him to the vet and he's being treated. Hopefully he's back to his normal self in no time! :)

Advertisement