Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Stop in Tullamore Gone?

Options
  • 07-03-2012 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭

Just Curious to know if anyone knows if First Stop, opposite the swimming pool is closed or moved? I got my car serviced their and they offered a great service. Driving through the town yesterday, i noticed all their signage was gone and the site empty. Quite a shock if its gone, they also had a large motor factor shop on the site also and appeared to be busy?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Just Curious to know if anyone knows if First Stop, opposite the swimming pool is closed or moved? I got my car serviced their and they offered a great service. Driving through the town yesterday, i noticed all their signage was gone and the site empty. Quite a shock if its gone, they also had a large motor factor shop on the site also and appeared to be busy?

A great service you say that's remarkable I had totally opposite, they left m car in a worse state I returned several times and they seemed unable to repai brake disks very armature setup eventually I just had t go off and pay once again for another garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

IrishHomer wrote: »
    A great service you say that's remarkable I had totally opposite, they left m car in a worse state I returned several times and they seemed unable to repai brake disks very armature setup eventually I just had t go off and pay once again for another garage.

Ooop's! sorry to hear you had a bad experience, mine was the opposite, infact I had two cars serviced there over the years, it's not that remarkable but infact true. Back to my original question! have they closed or moved?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Sorry I dont know.

If your interested I know a brilliant mechanic who operates from his house a Tyrrellspass.

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Sorry I dont know.

If your interested I know a brilliant mechanic who operates from his house a Tyrrellspass.

Thanks IrishHomer, but i'm on the other side of Tullamore, Appreciated anyway!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Is this where the old Opel garage used to be?

I dont think they have been First Stop for a while now, they were a PR Reilly car accessories place last week, but seemed to be closing down anyway when i was in there looking for something, stock was pretty sparse and i ended up around the corner in AutoSpares.
    I used First Stop last year to repair a puncture, couldnt fault them to be honest, wasnt overly expensive either, didnt take long.

Anyway, so yes, it seems Renault have taken over that space now too, i think i saw them erecting signage during the week. HTH

Ah yes, PR Reilly just moved:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-PR-Reilly-Tullamore/107824255993532

• Advertisement

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Is this where the old Opel garage used to be?

I dont think they have been First Stop for a while now, they were a PR Reilly car accessories place last week, but seemed to be closing down anyway when i was in there looking for something, stock was pretty sparse and i ended up around the corner in AutoSpares.
    I used First Stop last year to repair a puncture, couldnt fault them to be honest, wasnt overly expensive either, didnt take long.

Anyway, so yes, it seems Renault have taken over that space now too, i think i saw them erecting signage during the week. HTH

Ah yes, PR Reilly just moved:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-PR-Reilly-Tullamore/107824255993532

Thanks for that, I had been away for a while and was shocked to see the unit empty, I was not aware PR Reilly had moved into this location also. A well, need to find a new Mechanic! Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Thanks for that, I had been away for a while and was shocked to see the unit empty, I was not aware PR Reilly had moved into this location also. A well, need to find a new Mechanic! Thanks again

Hogans in Clonaslee are decent Dempo1 and near to you. Although the problem with an garage out of town is what to do with yourself! But if its handy, they're both decent and competent.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Hogans in Clonaslee are decent Dempo1 and near to you. Although the problem with an garage out of town is what to do with yourself! But if its handy, they're both decent and competent.

How yeah doing An Ri rua? My long and torturous experience with your recommendation restrains me from comment but suffice to say Decent & competent are not two words I would use to describe them. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

How yeah doing An Ri rua? My long and torturous experience with your recommendation restrains me from comment but suffice to say Decent & competent are not two words I would use to describe them. :eek::eek:

Oh! I was working off a long time friend's recommendation. Never used them myself :o

Advertisement