Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mystery at Kilkenny Castle

Options
  • 07-03-2012 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

According to todays Kilkenny People, there's a bit of weirdness going on at Kilkenny Castle:
    An electronic counter in the Parade Tower has recorded visitors to the 13th century part of the fortress during the hours of darkness when the place is completely locked up. The state-of-the-art electronic gadget has recorded an extra 100 people a night and continues to baffle staff and add to the mystery of the out-of-this-world happenings in the castle.

There's more at http://leinsterparanormal.com/v1/?p=955

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Tourist Season is coming soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Very cynical. In this climate, its always tourist season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Also, a big piece of cheese left out at night had tiny teeth marks in it the next day. Experts are baffled

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Its an OPW site which does give it some creedance. These guys usually dont want to have any association with the paranormal. But then again in this climate we have to do whatever we can to get the punters in. Would be worth an investigation but the OPW certainly do not want ghostbusters assoicated with their important heritage sites.

Certainly irresponsible of this "whistleblower" to have gone to the papers about it. What exactly can management do here. Is working in a haunted place against union rules?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Riamfada wrote: »
    Its an OPW site which does give it some creedance. These guys usually dont want to have any association with the paranormal.

The article mentions a whistleblower so this info is not coming from the OPW

• Advertisement

A good friend of mine, who is associated with the castle wants an investigation there. When ever something is being done with the castle the OPW have to contact him to let him know. He is one of the Butler family who the castle used to belong to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

A good friend of mine, who is associated with the castle wants an investigation there. When ever something is being done with the castle the OPW have to contact him to let him know. He is one of the Butler family who the castle used to belong to.

But realistically what would an investigation acomplish? The fact is that it is an OPW run site which means it will never be investigated by ghost hunters anyway. The most they do is have halloween events of certain locations where they give night tours once a year.

the OPW dont believe in ghosts and dont like any talk of it. I want to include the Castle in haunted kilkenny but I cant get any of them to talk to me.

Yeah - mice dont eat cheese, so no wonder
    al28283 wrote: »
    Also, a big piece of cheese left out at night had tiny teeth marks in it the next day. Experts are baffled

Riamfada wrote: »
    But realistically what would an investigation acomplish? The fact is that it is an OPW run site which means it will never be investigated by ghost hunters anyway. The most they do is have halloween events of certain locations where they give night tours once a year.

Absolutely nothing as nothing has been reported HAH. It doesnt stop teams from going out and finding "ghosts" though .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

As a child, I remember well the stories of the lights which could be seen shining out from the top of the castle late at night, when there was no one there, and AFAI can remember, the room the light was seen in, had no light or electricity in it. Of course, could be rubbish. I also remember a story about a ghost in the castle park surrounding the castle. Why are the OPW anti-ghosties?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Lima Alpha One

I remember doing a school tour in the castle back in the 80's.

The tour guide told lots of the ghostly tales about the castle on the tour. Not sure if the OPW ran it back then, but if they did, either the tour guide was telling the ghostly tales off their own bat or that was the OPW/castle management game plan at the time.

screamer wrote: »
    Why are the OPW anti-ghosties?

I dont know why, but I was told during my inquiries that they dont like associating the castle with anything paranormal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

I remember doing a school tour in the castle back in the 80's.

The tour guide told lots of the ghostly tales about the castle on the tour. Not sure if the OPW ran it back then, but if they did, either the tour guide was telling the ghostly tales off their own bat or that was the OPW/castle management game plan at the time.
    Went on that tour also... Were you also made hop around on one leg to, er, actually I have no idea why.... Maybe for luck, or tradition or a sadistic teacher? I must look that up!

Advertisement