Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Friendlies Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Haha! I would say your last drive there was the highlight, I was running the same D I had been all day because I decided I wanted to be bastard and get the shut-out, you used Manning's accuracy well, bit more time and you were in.

Yeah run-stopping plays are tough, I normally blitz when I think a run is coming, you did that and got me for a loss a few times, I guess it's just play recognition which comes with time and experience, still terrible at it myself.

I had a hard time passing all game,the first few I threw were caught but 1 of your defenders came in every time and nailed them and they ended up dropping them.After that my recievers never seem to get their runs going to get free,they were being blocked and stuff which lead to me holding onto the ball too long with manning and eventually getting nailed.
    Blitz's? I actually thought they were used for pass plays :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Only started playing this online yesterday, played two games and won them fairly comfortably. Then I lost two in row, got seriously hammered in one, lost 60-14. I seem to be having serious trouble stopping runs.

Plus this guy was onside and squib kicking every time just to rub it in. Prick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

J. Marston wrote: »
    Only started playing this online yesterday, played two games and won them fairly comfortably. Then I lost two in row, got seriously hammered in one, lost 60-14. I seem to be having serious trouble stopping runs.

Plus this guy was onside and squib kicking every time just to rub it in. Prick.

Join the boards community! and play friendlies against guys from here. We don't do any of that crap plus we are a great bunch of lads really. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Anyone about to listen to me complain about the Dolphins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Anyone around for a game? I'm on a 9 game losing streak in the boards community!

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Anyone around for a game? I'm on a 9 game losing streak in the boards community!

I cud jump on for a game,I think I've lost something like ten games so I'm in no great shapes

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I cud jump on for a game,I think I've lost something like ten games so I'm in no great shapes

ill be on in 5 mins

Good game pudsy,I quite enjoyed that.
    I was tyring out some new defense and I actually thought it did alrite despite the score.
    I think I pretty much lost the game on my own offense,6 interceptions and and fumbles which all lead to scores.
    I was throwing some mad stuff:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Game anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Game anyone?

yeah i'll play. you still about?

Lukebray wrote: »
    PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Game anyone?

yeah i'll play. you still about?
    yep- gt- triangle king

Game?

Game?
    Yup

Any1 for a game?

Any1 for a game?

Well done on the win Perrin. That was a great victory. The patience you showed while passing was absolutely fantastic. The play where you stood in the pocket and waited for as long as you could, nothing came open down field so you legged it and picked up 11 yards with Manning, was mighty impressive. I would have just flung that into double coverage :pac:

• Advertisement

Well done on the win Perrin. That was a great victory. The patience you showed while passing was absolutely fantastic. The play where you stood in the pocket and waited for as long as you could, nothing came open down field so you legged it and picked up 11 yards with Manning, was mighty impressive. I would have just flung that into double coverage :pac:

Ha lucky more than anything,you had everything covered,I had threw 4 or 5 interceptions in our last game so I was trying to be patient and if need take a sack and punt,who knew manning cud run:pac:
    Sry aswell for I think it was the third quarter,I think I ran the same play a few times but it came suggested to me in the gameflow and my recievers were catching them for once.
    It was a nightmare to try and run against you,anytime on the outside I was getting nailed.
    Our franchise fixture should be very close

Anyone up for a game?

Game anyone?

Anyone up for a game?

Someone? Anyone!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Someone? Anyone!?
    Ill play in five

madalig12 wrote: »
    Someone? Anyone!?
    Ill play in five
    Haha good man, send me an invite when you're on

Any1 else on?

I'll give you a game after I play Ali, if you are still around Perrin?

I'll give you a game after I play Ali, if you are still around Perrin?

Kool,I'll jump on and just messge whenever your ready

Anybody around for a game in ten min?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone for a game? Will have a mic on.

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone for a game? Will have a mic on.
    I would but I can't connect to the EA servers

I would but I can't connect to the EA servers

Took a while to connect for me but eventually did. They must be getting hammered with the FIFA lads on season ticket.

Anybody up for a game?

• Advertisement

Quick game now anyone?

I'll give you a game if you want

I'll give you a game if you want

Be on now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

anyone else up for a wee game :D

I'll be on from 10.30-1am tonight if anyone feels like taking on the niners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

madalig12 wrote: »
    I'll be on from 10.30-1am tonight if anyone feels like taking on the niners.

I'll be on around then but wifey will be in bed so no headset.

Gweedling wrote: »
    I'll be on around then but wifey will be in bed so no headset.

Me too, you in the community? Whats your GT?

Anybody around now for a game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anybody can play a quick game right now? Wanna try out the Ravens.

• Advertisement

anyone up for a game before I call it a night?...Yes I know it's early but some of us have college in the morning :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

HowAreWe wrote: »
    anyone up for a game before I call it a night?...Yes I know it's early but some of us have college in the morning :pac:

That's the exact reason you shouldn't be calling it a night ;)

SantryRed wrote: »
    That's the exact reason you shouldn't be calling it a night ;)

My thoughts exactly.

once again if anyone is p for a little game hit me up :pac:
    need my fix and need to polish up, haven't won in 4 :(

Anyone around for a game?

Paully you still on?

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Paully you still on?

Yes mate logging on now.

You on? Invite me when you are ready

Chargers 34-24 Saints

Great game against Eamonn there which I thought was worth of a report.

Rivers and Brees both threw for almost 340 yards and with Chargers getting a total of 475 yards in offense and Saints 367. It was a really even game the whole way with only one real mistake made by either QB (a Rivers INT).

First quarter seen Gates take a pass 68 yards to the end zone before Colston took one 67 yards on the very next drive. Second quarter and the Chargers marched all the way down field with Gates eventually taking a 4 yard pass for a TD. Not to be outdone the Saints scored another long TD with Henderson taking a 51 yard pass to the end zone. A goal line stand meant the Chargers had to make do with a FG with time running out in the half to take a 17-14 lead at half time.

Third quarter started with the longest TD of the game, as Meachem got free and took an 81 yard pass home on the second play of the half. The Saints then drove down field nicely before a defence finally made a stop and Hartley tagged on the 39 yard FG. Then the Rivers INT happened as I thought Gates was about to turn around before he cut again leaving the ball to sail into Curtis Lofton's hands. It was only a couple of plays later before Sproles took a screen pass 42 yards for a TD and that left the score level at 24-24 going into the fourth. The Chargers went on a nice drive which ended with FB McClain diving in for a TD. A little under 5 minutes on the clock now for the Saints to hit back but the Chargers force only the second 3 and out of the day as they stop around midfield. Plenty of time for the Saints to get the ball back so they decide to punt, but Ryan Matthews gets a couple of nice gains before the Chargers are stopped with under 2 minutes left on the clock. No Saints TO's left so the Chargers kick a field goal with 1 minute remaining to make it 34-24. The Saints make a couple of nice long gains but Brees can't find a receiver and they go 4 and out leaving Rivers to kneel and seal the win.

Brilliant game Raoul, really enjoyed it. I have a feeling that today's game is going to be the story of my season. Flashy offence but a lot of difficulty in getting stops.

Yeah, I don't recall having my defence absolutely torn apart that easily before. I think the turning point of the game was my first drive where I went 3 and out. After that it was score for score almost. Very enjoyable but I hope most of my games this season aren't like that. Was so weird that both of our receivers had massive yards after the catch from like really quick passes that normally may only get 10 yards or so.

Anyone about?

• Advertisement
Advertisement