Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adverts Photography Competition

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Each entry constitutes an irrevocable grant of permission to Adverts.ie and its sponsors to use the photograph for promotional purpose.
    Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the relevant winner’s name and other relevant information (excluding personal details such as phone number and email) for purposes of advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without additional compensation and prize winners agree to take part in such related promotional activities as Adverts.ie may require.

Data Privacy

Entrants agree that personal data, especially name and address, may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Competition and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules.

The data may also be used by Adverts.ie in order to verify the participant’s identity, postal address, and telephone number or to otherwise verify the participant’s eligibility to participate in the Competition. Participants have the right to access, review, rectify, or cancel any personal data held by Adverts.ie by writing to Adverts.ie, Latin Hall, Golden Lane, Dublin 8. Personal data will be used by Adverts.ie and its affiliates exclusively for the purposes stated herein.
    Just fyi

Edit: Also, the more facebook friends you have, the more chance you have to win since it's a FB vote

No offence, but this is currently the 'winning' photograph :rolleyes:

282b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Why does everything have to go through Facepalm these days.. :rolleyes:

Not so much a photography competition, more a spam contest.

I saw this one the other day. Currently top of the leaderboard is a photo complete with watermark.. Ouch.

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/rugby/details.php?id=2476

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Not so much a photography competition, more a spam contest.

I saw this one the other day. Currently top of the leaderboard is a photo complete with watermark.. Ouch.

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/rugby/details.php?id=2476

I didnt realise it was a Facebook style get all your friends to vote regardless of it being the best photo competition!! Ah well, I am sure somebody could do with the 500 euros as it would contribute to a nice lens I guess.

Kenny, that link you posted to 02 contains a photo with the Inpho watermark on it!! Surely Inpho photographers aren't entering this photo competition?!?!

tororosso wrote: »
    Kenny, that link you posted to 02 contains a photo with the Inpho watermark on it!! Surely Inpho photographers aren't entering this photo competition?!?!

Yeah, I don't know how that hasn't been picked up on by O2...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Someone please do a super duper HDR and I'll vote for it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Here's my entry entitled "The cat in it's natural habitat".

https://apps.facebook.com/adverts-photos/photo.php?id=676

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

tororosso wrote: »
    I didnt realise it was a Facebook style get all your friends to vote regardless of it being the best photo competition!! Ah well, I am sure somebody could do with the 500 euros as it would contribute to a nice lens I guess.

http://www.inpho.ie/media/ja5ES8HS1KoCCy2ozsVdtg..a

Seems like the guy in the photo submitted it.

I wonder what the fee for using it is..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

oh the shame .... hope the kid realises he does not have copyright of the image and as a result does not have the ability to enter the "competition"

I really hate these style of competitions simply because they gather data and offer very little in reward - every loosing entrant will get nothing and yet the company has the right to use their image as they see fit....but there's always someone who thinks its a great deal (and doesn't know the value of their image)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Seems like they didn't like the comment I posted about it being a "how many fb frineds have I got" competition. It was held for moderation and has now vanished altogether. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Seems like they didn't like the comment I posted about it being a "how many fb frineds have I got" competition. It was held for moderation and has now vanished altogether. :rolleyes:

bad form, but not surprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

I have a fair few requests on FB to vote for photos, I agree not really a photo competition more a competition of who can get their FB friends to vote for them.

I'm neither taking part nor voting, it seems to vote you have to authorise an Adverts FB App, em, no thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

False advertising from an adverts site. Very professional indeed.

Advertisement