Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 League Post Here!

Options
  • 07-03-2012 11:42am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Madden league is currently played on Xbox only.

However there is a good deal of interest in getting a PS3 league going.

If you can play, please post here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Noodles121

I can play. anytime, any place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I'd be interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Long time stalker listener, first time caller.

Count me in!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yeah count me in, can only play during the weekends until may, but free all the time after that !

Lets get this working :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

ye i,ll play 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I'll get it for ps3 as well if there is enough interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I will too and I'll run it. If we hit 10 people and I can get it for 35 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

SantryRed wrote: »
    I will too and I'll run it. If we hit 10 people and I can get it for 35 quid.

Not power hungry at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Not power hungry at all?

Well if someone else wants to they can. I just thought it'd be helpful :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I'm only messing oh supreme ruler :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I'm up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I'll have to pick the game up but if we have enough players for a league I'll pick it up...

otherwise count in me for a season next year :)

i'll get my housemate in on it aswell. were up to 10 so far. thats only 1 per division and 2 others. is that enough? If you need help santry let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MontyChips

Hey guys, new here but I'd be interested in taking part!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

hey hey.. eventually.... Im in :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

empacher wrote: »
    i'll get my housemate in on it aswell. were up to 10 so far. thats only 1 per division and 2 others. is that enough? If you need help santry let me know

put everyone in the same conference till you have more players... though the Conference Championship match will have to be the big game rather than the Super Bowl.

How many are we upto now? Will it be ran from Boards? Who's gonna organise the results into the tables?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

How many are we upto now? Will it be ran from Boards? Who's gonna organise the results into the tables?

Madden does all the organising, its exactly like an offline franchise but with real players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Any movement on this?? Haven,t really been playin madden lately be good reason to get back into it..

my copy of madden 12 arried today i'll have the league rolling next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Noodles121

I'd better go buy my version of 2012 as well...

Excellent stuff ! Lets try adn get the draft over by this time next week so we can get games played ! I must start playing madden again online to prepare !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

I'd like to join but I might not be able to commit to it fully until exams are over in 2 weeks time.

So did everybody get the mail about organising the draft?

Guys there's only 3 of us signed up and the draft is tomorrow night. Can ye do it fairly soon ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MontyChips

Haven't signed up because I don't have access to a PS3 yet. Should have it sorted next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Sorry guys, been trying to get internet issues sorted at home for the past few weeks. Was hoping would be fixed but didn't want to commit in case it wasn't.

Seems to be all sorted, pity I didn't know a couple of hours ago :(

Hope the draft is going well!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Let us know what sort of teams you got for the draft lads. Who your main players are etc :)

I do have a PS3 but it's up gathering dust at the minute ever since I got Madden 12 for the Xbox last year. I think I'll pick up a copy of Madden 13 on both platforms this year if the interest is still there on PS3 come release date!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Not too good at it, but I'd love like to take part!

• Advertisement

Played my first game on the PSN... Eagles(dirt bag) Vrs (me)Packers

I won the toss and his first play he done an onside kick and recovered it.

Then his first play on OFF he played some crazy quicksnap play and was inside my 30. Then he done some crazy run play that twisted the field in two and stormed into my end zone. So I take my medicine and line-up for the PAT but he comes out for the 2points. My first 4 plays online and I was down by 8 after an onisde kick, a quicksnap, a dodgy run play and a 2 point conversion all within 2mins real time.

So he comes out again for the onside but I could smell it off him so I was ready.. next my turn on OFF and another effing shock. He moved all his LB's all right to the line and had them strafing left and right and his D-Line all shifting and strafing across like Fussball table pole, so I snap and boom sacked in 1second flat. This happend the next couple of plays I tried a run play, a draw, each time getting smacked and sacked.

After my the first quarter I think it was 22-7 and I was just about getting my bearings on the game. So I done a quick google in between a few pauses and seen that the best way to counter little fckers like this is to annoy them with pausing, taking delaying penalties, making your play on the the last second of the play clock. Basically to not get phased and take my own time. But most importantly to play out of the Shotgun on OFF and Blitz heavy on D.

I really should have just quiet early on but he got my so riled up I was determined to try beat him.

I then started getting some rhythm with the Shotgun, the RB out of the backfield was getting me my first downs and the odd PA here and there for a few 20 yard gains.

In the end my frustration got the better of me between his constant Hurry-up offensse, his onside kicks, his 2point attempts and crazy D-Line/Linebackers rushes.

The score was 52-36 at the final 10seconds left on the clock and I quit. I had to, I couldnt give him the satisfaction of getting a W on his record. My first game on PSN and I got a harsh reality in glitching little fckers not even playing proper football.

I knew he was a dirt bag as soon as he lined up for the onside kick at the first play of the game. How can he even pretend that he's playing football doing that its like hacking a soccer game to give you 5goals at the start of the game or removing the opposing Goalkeeper.

Advertisement