Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 League Post Here!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Was this a franchise game or some random punter on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Was a random head to head. Ill give you his gamertag. He's sent me a few typical COD Rage type msgs. Funny all the same. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. As I said, I should've just quit after the first few plays.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Was a random head to head. Ill give you his gamertag. He's sent me a few typical COD Rage type msgs. Funny all the same. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. As I said, I should've just quit after the first few plays.

Ah these guys are bonkers anyway, I've only played 2 online games and both have been complete clusterfcuks.

One guy saying mad $hit down the mic to me and the other guyjust having players run all over the pitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Played my first game on the PSN... Eagles(dirt bag) Vrs (me)Packers

I won the toss and his first play he done an onside kick and recovered it.

Then his first play on OFF he played some crazy quicksnap play and was inside my 30. Then he done some crazy run play that twisted the field in two and stormed into my end zone. So I take my medicine and line-up for the PAT but he comes out for the 2points. My first 4 plays online and I was down by 8 after an onisde kick, a quicksnap, a dodgy run play and a 2 point conversion all within 2mins real time.

So he comes out again for the onside but I could smell it off him so I was ready.. next my turn on OFF and another effing shock. He moved all his LB's all right to the line and had them strafing left and right and his D-Line all shifting and strafing across like Fussball table pole, so I snap and boom sacked in 1second flat. This happend the next couple of plays I tried a run play, a draw, each time getting smacked and sacked.

After my the first quarter I think it was 22-7 and I was just about getting my bearings on the game. So I done a quick google in between a few pauses and seen that the best way to counter little fckers like this is to annoy them with pausing, taking delaying penalties, making your play on the the last second of the play clock. Basically to not get phased and take my own time. But most importantly to play out of the Shotgun on OFF and Blitz heavy on D.

I really should have just quiet early on but he got my so riled up I was determined to try beat him.

I then started getting some rhythm with the Shotgun, the RB out of the backfield was getting me my first downs and the odd PA here and there for a few 20 yard gains.

In the end my frustration got the better of me between his constant Hurry-up offensse, his onside kicks, his 2point attempts and crazy D-Line/Linebackers rushes.

The score was 52-36 at the final 10seconds left on the clock and I quit. I had to, I couldnt give him the satisfaction of getting a W on his record. My first game on PSN and I got a harsh reality in glitching little fckers not even playing proper football.

I knew he was a dirt bag as soon as he lined up for the onside kick at the first play of the game. How can he even pretend that he's playing football doing that its like hacking a soccer game to give you 5goals at the start of the game or removing the opposing Goalkeeper.

And that's exactly why the Boards league is so good. You get none of that at all.

Any PS3 users wanna play PM me your PSN name and we can organise a game or two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Anybody up for a friendly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Hi guys so far we have four guys signed up to the league.

If there's no one left to sign I'll advance the league to gamesweek 2 tomorrow evening.

If anyone needs any log in details to access the league or myleaguemanager pm me.

Cheers

Scott

Noodles wants you to advance it now!

empacher wrote: »
    Hi guys so far we have four guys signed up to the league.

If there's no one left to sign I'll advance the league to gamesweek 2 tomorrow evening.

If anyone needs any log in details to access the league or myleaguemanager pm me.

Cheers

Scott

Hey I missed this... how do I sign up? I wanna play franchise haha

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MontyChips

Good to have more people signed up!

• Advertisement

Hey I missed this... how do I sign up? I wanna play franchise haha

I'm in the same boat as skywalker - how does someone sign up/join?

Thanks for the PM ill be avail to signup online tomorrwo (Tues eve) and have a game. Disappointed to have missed the 1st Weeks set of games.

Having a bit of difficulty joining the league on myleaguemanager.net, not recognising the password and league id :(

Anybody else in the same boat? Or am I the only one?

I joined the league online last night. Picked the the Cardinals. Flacco, Lynch, Megatron, Gonzalez. Played first game against the might Redskins and got tonked 31-0.

Now I'm rubbish anyway with only about 20 games played in total (4online) but I let this game get away from me. Gave away 3 INT inside their 30.

I gave them a TD with the 3rd play of the game a rush from Forte strgight up the middle through the gap. My play calling was awful and was my first time using Flaco so wasnt used to his release.

I done well rushing the ball with Lynch, moving up the field alternating receivers with Gonzalez, White and Johnson.

I am awful anyway but I think I was trying to hard to make up the deficit too quick and with bad play calling and tryign too hard to get some long throws I gave away silly INT in the midfield or throwing into double coverage.

Really let down by my defensive paly aswell as I let Forte rush for 2 TD's and they threw a 50yard bomb and my guy flapped at it in the air.

I think the game was closer than the scoreline but I've along way to go with understanding the difference between moving it 60yards up the field and actually pluggin it in inside the 20.

I joined the league online last night. Picked the the Cardinals. Flacco, Lynch, Megatron, Gonzalez. Played first game against the might Redskins and got tonked 31-0.

Now I'm rubbish anyway with only about 20 games played in total (4online) but I let this game get away from me. Gave away 3 INT inside their 30.

I gave them a TD with the 3rd play of the game a rush from Forte strgight up the middle through the gap. My play calling was awful and was my first time using Flaco so wasnt used to his release.

I done well rushing the ball with Lynch, moving up the field alternating receivers with Gonzalez, White and Johnson.

I am awful anyway but I think I was trying to hard to make up the deficit too quick and with bad play calling and tryign too hard to get some long throws I gave away silly INT in the midfield or throwing into double coverage.

Really let down by my defensive paly aswell as I let Forte rush for 2 TD's and they threw a 50yard bomb and my guy flapped at it in the air.

I think the game was closer than the scoreline but I've along way to go with understanding the difference between moving it 60yards up the field and actually pluggin it in inside the 20.

Its all about putting in the time. then you recognize plays call styles etc. moon pie having difficulty with it myself going to create a second account and try and join.

Sky walker, when you fall behind you will always feel pressured to air it out and try and pass into the end zone. All too often this goes pear shaped and you end up at best giving possession away or at worst giving up an interception returned for a TD.

Try to stick to your game plan...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

How do I join this league?

PS3 name: Hochulese

Vikings wrote: »
    How do I join this league?

PS3 name: Hochulese

Empacher can sort you out with an invite mate, welcome and best of luck!

Sky walker, when you fall behind you will always feel pressured to air it out and try and pass into the end zone. All too often this goes pear shaped and you end up at best giving possession away or at worst giving up an interception returned for a TD.

Try to stick to your game plan...
    I know, it was working so well gettin up the field with Lynch, my running game was on fire. I know this is gonna this is going to sound ridiculous, hell it is ridiculous but I felt like I was cheating myself by just running the ball and not throwing a few long ones in there.

I know, it was working so well gettin up the field with Lynch, my running game was on fire. I know this is gonna this is going to sound ridiculous, hell it is ridiculous but I felt like I was cheating myself by just running the ball and not throwing a few long ones in there.

You dont need to constantly run it as the CPU/opponent will always know what you are doing, if you prefer running then mix in a PA or something now and then to keep the defense honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Liked to sign up aswell missed out 1st time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

Ive been looking for a league for ages, can I still sign up?

Yea its only in week 2 atm.. and only 6teams picked so far. Lets get this rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Noodles121

i can't login myself to the league manager site.

on another note, who is playing with the Panthers? we need to arrange some game time..

Empacher can we get some transparency on who is who?

A list of team name, PSN name, boards name. Better to organise games, fixtures,feedback when you've played someone?

I've posted a table in the who's who thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78852781#post78852781

let me know the boards name that matches the psn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I'll be finished the exams after today so hopefully will try to pick up a copy of the game in the next week if I can find one in the local gamestop or extravision when I get a chance...

haven't played in a while but sur... I'll defo be up for the 2013 league from the start though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MontyChips

Hey Guys Give me a PM if any of ye are up for an online game! I'm the Cowboys in the online league btw.

Anyone on tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Got the yellow light of death on the ps3 so unfortunately I'm out guys ! Won't be getting it fixed with the new consoles probably coming out at the end of the year, see ye on the ps4 :)

Advertisement