Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Churches in Dromiskin Darver

Options
  • 07-03-2012 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there,

Would someone mind helping me with directions in Dromiskin, I'm going to be visiting and I'd like to know where I'm headed before I go! I've tried google maps/satellite and it is very hard to guess where the places are and I couldn't find directions through googling. I'd be coming from Dublin so directions from one of the motorway exits would be great.

I want to visit St Peter's Church Dromiskin and Graveyard, I'm not sure if they are together or separate, if there is another old graveyard around too please let me know.

Also could you give directions to St Michael's Church Darver and it's graveyard.

Big thank you in advance to anyone who can help!

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Hi there,

Would someone mind helping me with directions in Dromiskin, I'm going to be visiting and I'd like to know where I'm headed before I go! I've tried google maps/satellite and it is very hard to guess where the places are and I couldn't find directions through googling. I'd be coming from Dublin so directions from one of the motorway exits would be great.

I want to visit St Peter's Church Dromiskin and Graveyard, I'm not sure if they are together or separate, if there is another old graveyard around too please let me know.

Also could you give directions to St Michael's Church Darver and it's graveyard.

Big thank you in advance to anyone who can help!

Ben

Am open to correction but i'd take the Castlebellingham(j15) exit off the M1, R166 all the way to Dromiskin. At the main crossroads in the village take a left - The church is on the left past the garage/londis type place which can be seen from the village centre (i hope im not mixing it up with Knockbridge as to where the church is in the village). There is a ruined Monastry about too. Darver not a notion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bennybenben

Great, I have St Peter's Church located on google street view now - Thanks Nesta99.

Am I right in thinking the graveyard is not on the same site as the church?

Can someone give directions to the graveyard for me please?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭louis346789

for Darver Church and Graveyard take exit 16 of Motorway ( n52 towards ardee ) travel about 6 km until you see signs for Darver castle on left. take small road to darver castle. on this small road directly opposite entrance to castle is old Darver graveyard. if you continue past the castle about half mile you will reach darver village with graveyards and church.
    This is not the shortest route but its the easiest.

louis346789 - Thanks for posting the image, great help, I've just located Darver's church and both graveyards now on google, brilliant! :D

Just Dromiskin's graveyard old and new -if they're different- to locate now.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bnear

Old and New graveyards are in the same place, if you turn right at crossroads in the village its right in front of you, its got a round tower in it so you can't miss it. When you leave the graveyard go straight through the cross roads and that'll bring you to the church. For Darver leave the church and turn right out of the gate, stay on that road til you see a sign for Ardee, turn left, cross the motorway and take next left turn for ardee. Straight on that road til 2nd cross road then turn right, that'll bring you to Darver church and graveyard is beside it.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help bnear. The graveyard beside the round tower - is this a Catholic graveyard?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bnear

The graveyard by the round tower is the catholic one, the protestant one is at the back side of the old protestant church which is on the left as you enter. Its a fairly small area, most of the graveyard is catholic now, although I think theres a few areas where there may be both, especially round the old monastry.

Advertisement