Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Description under Edu forums

Options
  • 07-03-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Good Morning*,

*just about!

I was browsing via mobile and noticed that under the forum link with the detailed breakdown of varying fora, not all of the colleges have their abbreviated name 'in-full' underneath.

I took a quick screen-print showing IT Tralee and IT Blanchardstown but CorkIT is another (which doesn't appear in this screen-shot by me though)

Now, seeing at how serious this is, and could bring the site down and all , I'd imagine it would take precedent here today by you guys :D ah, any time will do; for unity purposes of course like!

Cheers :)
    kerry4sam

195480.jpg
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Not really a tech issue tbh, I'm dropping this into feedback for an admin to take a look :) Alternatively, an Edu catmod can review it and get on to an Admin to sort :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Alternatively, an Edu catmod can review it and get on to an Admin to sort :)

Well I know how that'll pan out, so I might as well just get on it. :)

Danny, are there any issues with updating the descriptions of existing forums at this time or should it be done late night/early morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

While I'm here, I noticed a similar problem in the soc > languages

Under Gaeilge it has 'dia dhuit' while it should actually be 'dia duit'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Zaph wrote: »
    Well I know how that'll pan out, so I might as well just get on it. :)

Danny, are there any issues with updating the descriptions of existing forums at this time or should it be done late night/early morning?

Howdy Zaph, preferably the whole late night/early morning but if not then just leave a gap of about 5 minutes between each one you edit for any backlog to clear; the problems occur when the breaky stuff gets stacked on top of each other over a short period and then it's 503 city :P

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Thanks Danny, I'll start on them now and leave a gap between them in case it's still a little early and potentially problematic:

Gaeilge - updated
    Cork IT - updated
    IT Blanchardstown - updated
    IT Tralee - updated
    Mary Immaculate - all done

• Advertisement

Is it wrong that I giggled at the fact you had "done" all of Mary Immaculate?

Advertisement