Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ericsson Athlone

Options
  • 07-03-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

So with all the new jobs being offered in Ericsson Athlone, what is Ericsson Athlone like to work for ?

What are the good points and the bad points ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

kenneth2 wrote: »
    So with all the new jobs being offered in Ericsson Athlone, what is Ericsson Athlone like to work for ?

What are the good points and the bad points ?
    I could write a book.... Good points for me are location convenience and flexibility. Lots of chances for travel, career progression etc. Your opinion is valued. Bad points.... Heavy workload. Salary bad by software standards. Poor upper management which leads to low overall morale. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

Salary is decent, ( if your a new joiner :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

The place is hanging on by its fingernails. It makes no money, barely breaks even. Once their outsourcing buddies in India are up to speed, it'll be moved there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

The place is hanging on by its fingernails. It makes no money, barely breaks even. Once their outsourcing buddies in India are up to speed, it'll be moved there.

Ignore the tabloid journalist. :rolleyes:

This would have happened years ago if it ever was going to. The overall company and its many, many stakeholders dont approve of losing control of a project to contractors. The only stuff moving to cheaper countries is legacy functionality that has gone to maintenance mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

I agree - I think Ericssons future in Athlone looks fairly secure. They've been good employers here for many years.

Downside for me is that working on software is so mind boggingly boring ! !

Much more rewarding to be making something physical in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

I enjoy the work I do there and am happy with how my career has progressed so far. The time since I joined has flown by, never a dull moment.

Plus, Athlone is a great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Agree about the location - Athlone is the centre of the universe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Ericsson have been in Athlone since 1973 - that's almost 40 years. That must make them one of the longest established multinational comapnies in the Midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kenneth2

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

• Advertisement
Advertisement