Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ball query - not very bouncy

Options
  • 07-03-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, We started a work game last week and I bought an Adidas black rubber basketball for 8 euro in Elvery's sports. Bizzarely Lifestyle, Champion sport and Gleesons don't sell basket balls any more!

Anyone, we were playing on an indoor court and everyone found the ball wasn't very bouncy. Very annoying with dribble moves when the ball wouldn't come back up the way you want it. The guy in elvery's pumped it up fully so it wasn't that and I played with rubber balls in an indoor court plenty back in the day and they were fine. Was I just burnt with the make of the ball?

I saw some AND 1 balls for 20 quid in argos but come deflated so couldn't test it until I pumped it myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Could it have been the floor?

I find the court itself can make a big difference. Try the ball on another surface and see if it is any better.

For €8 though, it's probably not going to give a high level of performance!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, tried it on my drive and definitely missing some bounce. It was the most expensive ball I could buy that I didn't have to inflate haha. I'll have to get a proper one online.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

the ball is a piece off crap! sorry. get a decent one. 30 or 40 euros will get you something passive. 60 will get you a really good ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

nialo wrote: »
    the ball is a piece off crap! sorry. get a decent one. 30 or 40 euros will get you something passive. 60 will get you a really good ball.

Molten indoor balls are only about £35 a piece online.
    However if the OP wants to play outdoors, a cheap ball from a sports shop should be ok.

OP if you have a reciept return the ball, it is faulty.

Advertisement