Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrofit PVC windows and composite doors in bungalow

Options
  • 07-03-2012 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi All

Smallish 70s bungalow with quite large windows (8) and two standard doors (1 side panel on both)

Have been quoted the following from a company with a reputation for good work and very reasonable prices however I'm not convinved, what do you think ?

Window Sizes/Quantities

2610 x 1790 (2)
    1840 x 1795 (3)
    1160 x 1020 (2)
    1330 x 1795 (1)
    & 2 composite doors (with 1 side panel each)

Quote is for Supply and fit, removal of old, ensure internal finish is fine, tidy site etc.

White PVC windows and 2 composite doors €7500 inc vat.

Good deal/ Bad deal ? Do the doors drive the price up. Please let me know your thoughts

thx
    Chewy

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

performance spec? ie Lada or Merc?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭ChewyLuey

A Rated D/G units is the only info I have to habd. I'm not sure of U-Values etc.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

why not get a detailed specification from this window company and then get 2 more prices from other companies using that spec. so you can compare.

alternatively consider this: i recently had a quote for 12g for alu-clad for similar job (less m2 area btw), but when i looked for the U-values to override the BER defaults, it was quickly apparent they could not provide the correct documentation..

my biased advice: give an Arch Tech a few quid to worry about this on your behalf

best of luck

Advertisement