Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where can i sell my clothes

• 07-03-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

hi guys, i want to sell a lot of my clothes, theyre new with tags, new without tags, used once and i'd like to sell them to emigrate. is there anywhere to sell them like a car boot sale that i would get half decent money for them? im afraid if i bring them to a car boot that no one will buy them as i wont sell them for very cheap... i dont really want to sell them on the internet either, takes too long thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Bring them with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 princesspe1

hi guys, i want to sell a lot of my clothes, theyre new with tags, new without tags, used once and i'd like to sell them to emigrate. is there anywhere to sell them like a car boot sale that i would get half decent money for them? im afraid if i bring them to a car boot that no one will buy them as i wont sell them for very cheap... i dont really want to sell them on the internet either, takes too long thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Fashion & Appearance, there might be some ideas there.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Car boot sales are great for selling clothes. I would normally sell dresses for 6e trousers and jumpers for 4e and tops for 2e. TBH 2nd hand items while costing alot when new, are only worth what people will pay for the item, even if you think its worth alot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Agree with the above - I wouldn't expect to net too much money from the sale of clothes, unless you have some serious designer gear (that isn't too fashion-forward).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 princesspe1

see thats the thing, i cant let most of my clothes go for them prices. :( a lot of them would be all saints, topshop, zara, ted baker, warehouse... what to do, what to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

search ebay and see what they are selling for.

as a guide for clothing, i'd expect to pay around 70% less than the original retail price, what do you think they should sell for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

see thats the thing, i cant let most of my clothes go for them prices. :( a lot of them would be all saints, topshop, zara, ted baker, warehouse... what to do, what to do

Well if you can't let them go for those type of prices, you will have no other option then to keep them as people simply won't pay that much for second hand clothes. Even in charity shops, brands like topshop etc will only sell for a couple of euro.
    Put together bundles of clothes(by size, brand maybe) and put them up on Adverts and see if you can a good price for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭mocmo

How about siopaella in Temple Bar http://siopaella.com/. I haven't sold stuff to them but friends have and were pleased with the experience.

Or if you wanted to swap them there is a good swap shop also in Temple Bar http://www.swopshop.ie/ which I can recopmmend from personal experience :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I have sold some stuff on consignment to siopella and was pleased but shes often closed to new items. Maybe email her and see.

I love swopshop have got loads there. So you could get credits and keep them till you get back to ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

I see you're in Kildare so check out The Great Clothes Rail Sale on facebook...it might be of some interest to you.
    I went to one and have to say had a very successful day at it!
    Next one is on March 25th in Portlaoise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭java

If you want clothes to sell well I think the only option is ebay. Photographs, dimensions and a description on condition will all help with a sale. It might be a bit of hassle but I find it works well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Andrews Lane theatre were running some kind of clothes sale lately, where you paid for a rail. Seemed to be good quality stuff, at decent prices.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Threads merged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The only decent option is eBay, you'll get pennies in a car boot sale or bricks and mortar shop

Advertisement