Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

train

Options
  • 07-03-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

just wondering would the train station be far from kilkenny scout den?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Give or take about two kilometers.

Edit: Actually here's a link to directions.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mr roper

Give or take about two kilometers.

Edit: Actually here's a link to directions.

cheers thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Lads is this the entrance to the station

KKMCDONAGHTRAINSTN_zps87ef96a1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Lads is this the entrance to the station

It's just round the corner from there, couple of minutes walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Thats the shopping centre, dont go in there. Follow that road down 20ft to junction, then walk left along the small carpark.

Train station is at the next junction, up the hill where I've put the red arrow. literally less than 5 minutes.

hW6tyN8.jpg?1

• Advertisement

Thats the shopping centre, dont go in there. Follow that road down 20ft to junction, then walk left along the small carpark.

Train station is at the next junction, up the hill where I've put the red arrow. literally less than 5 minutes.

hW6tyN8.jpg?1

thanks seven_eleven.... I've gone up every road with google maps but cant see the actual entrance to the station.

Can anyone post a pic of it pls..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

the last pic with the red arrow is to the train station. Its only building up there and there is nothing else so you can't possibly miss it if you follow the last screen picture from seven_eleven!

Is there one in the S.C. (I know there is a small shop in the station)

someone said there is a centra near the S.C. any idea where exactly that might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

someone said there is a centra near the S.C. any idea where exactly that might be.

There's an Easons in the shopping center.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

There's an Easons and Dunnes in the shopping centre.

There is a Centra nearby too. If you wanted to go to it come out of the train station so the shopping centre is behind you and the church in front of you. Turn right and go straight through the traffic lights down the narrow one lane road. Centra is just on your right then.

• Advertisement

Now that I think of it the train station is really hard to find if you're a stranger to the town. I often see bewildered people with rucksacks wandering anxiously around that area. It should be properly signposted. It's even hard to give directions to it cos it's not straightforward :(.

Advertisement