Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to Newbridge?

Options
  • 07-03-2012 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a way for me to get from Maynooth to Newbridge?

It's ridiculous how there is no bus routes serving maynooth heading to midlands kildare, considering we have such big towns. Have a job interview, but if I can't make it I can't make it.

Best alternative I've seen so far is 126 bus eireann from Naas to Newbridge, but even getting into Naas is a pain!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I think JJ Kavanaghs have a bus that goes to the college or at least they used to, so they may have one coming back through Newbridge.

Or if you got to Hazelhatch you could get the Arrow to Newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Here's the link for the JJ Kavanaghs bus, as Nea mentioned, although the first bus from Maynooth to Newbridge arrives at 1:50pm, I hope it's an afternoon interview, best of luck with it.
    http://www.nuim.ie/location/kildare-maynooth.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Dublin Bus route 67 to Celbridge; Walk/Feeder bus to Hazelhatch and Train to Newbridge.

Dublin Bus route 67 to Celbridge; Bus Eireann route 123 to Newbridge (very limited service).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

lxflyer wrote: »
    Dublin Bus route 67 to Celbridge; Walk/Feeder bus to Hazelhatch and Train to Newbridge.

Dublin Bus route 67 to Celbridge; Bus Eireann route 123 to Newbridge (very limited service).

That was my origional idea, but to be honest that will take hours. I commute 2 hours up and back from IT Tallaght every day as it is, I don't want to spend my entire day travelling just for a 10 min interview for part time work ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

vektarman wrote: »
    Here's the link for the JJ Kavanaghs bus, as Nea mentioned, although the first bus from Maynooth to Newbridge arrives at 1:50pm, I hope it's an afternoon interview, best of luck with it.
    http://www.nuim.ie/location/kildare-maynooth.shtml

1.50 is cutting it close, interviews are on 12-2 :(
    I may need to give this round a miss and see can I go to the ones next month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement