Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 2008 RDS

Options
  • 07-03-2012 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

A Server 2008R2 has been added as a member server to a 2003 domain to run RDS for all users. The 2003R2 server is the DC with AD and Exchange running on it. It also had TS running on in for a few users.

I know TS shouldnt run on a DC so a new server is being implemented for RDS for all users.

My question is about the existing user profiles, I know the profiles are different between 2003/2008 so do I have to recreate all profiles. I have AD installed on the 2008 server so do I have to set them up from there and then copy over old info from old profiles?

Any help would be great :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Nea wrote: »
    My question is about the existing user profiles, I know the profiles are different between 2003/2008 so do I have to recreate all profiles. I have AD installed on the 2008 server so do I have to set them up from there and then copy over old info from old profiles?

Have a look in Avtive Directory Users and Computers,check each user Profile tab and see what type of profile they have:
    -could be blank,then go in Computer advance and see local user profile path,copy from there...
    -could be roaming,stored on a X location,change the location,copy/recreate files and profile
    -apply a GPO policy for TS users to move local profile to a network location,ie your new server.

I'll go with last one...depending on the size of profile,implement IntelliMirror

Regards

Advertisement