Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NO MOVEMENT 2DAY SHOULD I BE WORRIED

Options
  • 07-03-2012 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Could be just freaking myself out, but the last 2 weeks have been feeling loads of movement from baby every day without fail, but I've been really stressed out in work the last 2 days and haven't felt right since I woke up this morning and haven't felt a thing from baby all day, usually would have had at least 10 kicks by now... I'm 27 weeks should I be worried? I also overdid last weekend cleaning out wardrobes and someone in work freaked me out by saying stretching can cause the umbilcal cord to strangle the baby god I feel like a freak even writing that.... Maybe I'm just hormonal today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Stretching will not cause harm to your baby. It could well be you are just too busy to notice movement. I'd eat something sweet, then lay down on your side and see if you can feel any movement. If you truly cannot feel anything, then a visit to the doctor is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Oh A.man you must be freaking out ... take a cold drink and lie on your left side. If you still don't feel anything after 20/30 mins head to the doctor just to be safe. Thinking of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

This used to happen to me and it would freak me out. I used to drink some lucozade
    or have a coffee. Also lie down in a quiet room as silja said. I would usually feel something then. If not then you need to make appointment with your doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭a.man

Thanks guys, doesn't help being stuck in an office with girls being bitchy and having no understanding for someone who is preggers! I'd love to just go home and curl up thats the way I feel but jesus I think I would be the talk of Craiggstown if I was to go home now... I'll have something sweet now and see if that gets her moving! It's just weird that its gone from nearly sticking her foot through my tummy to nothing... I am very tense today though so hope thats not filtering through to her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Jerry Jordan

small glass of lucozade shud get the baby to move . if not go to maternity hospital just to be monitored. u will be ok hun

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I was told by a midwife that if the movements slowed down that a drink of icy cold water wakes baby up. As long as you feel 10 movements in 12 hrs its supposedly ok, according to my antenatal class last night.

My baby went quiet like that a week or so ago - big change from kicking lumps out of me, but I put it down to baby sleeping more during my waking hours.

If a drink does nothing, go to the doc/hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭a.man

Thanks guys..Working day is nearly done in here so will give it a couple of hours at home with my feet up and see if I get anything then.. If not will defo ring the midwife and see what she has to say

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Hope everything is ok! As has already been said something like lucozade usually gets baby moving :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

As people said, some lucozade and chocolate should get things moving, if not, don't be afraid to head to your maternity hospital, they will hook you up to the trace monitor and make sure everything is ok.

Advertisement