Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adios!

Options
  • 07-03-2012 4:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭

Hi there folks,just looking for some info if anyone has it! Looking to get the flock outta here soon and trying to figure out where to go.

Oz is out(too expensive) Canada out too,(was going for the IEC visa,But seems they don't take people who got caught growing dope:P) No interest in the U.K. anyway I've no trade,no european language so the continent is out too(as handy as it would be,no visa,short flight home etc.)Was mulling it over with my family the other night when an Aunt said S.E. Asia.

Now I've done a bit of research and Thailand seems a pretty good bet(not for work,more an extended break away from the sh!te in this country),it's Unbeliveably cheap,really studio apartments work out at about 60-70 a MONTH!plus all other living expenses are dirt cheap.

What I'm wondering is,is any of yis that have gone out there for an extended stay? I know alittle about the visa situation(leave the country temp. to renew the Thai one etc.) would like to know is how long can ye get away with leaving thailand and re entering like this,they way the rent/living costs are over there I reckon I can squeeze 6 or 7 months outta about 2.5k(a decent studio seems to work out around 600/750Euro for around 6 months inc. bills and internet!) the only thing is how long can ye get away with exit/entering doing the border runs?

On another note, does anyone know what the craic with workin for cash over there? Easy to get work/possible trouble ye'd get into if your caught working/d!cking round with the visa situation?

Any info would be greatly appreciated,cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭TomBeckett

Hey There..
    So you are thinking of coming here to the land of smiles:D I left ireland 2 years ago had some money and a thai gf.. started up mu own buisness here and to be very honest life is great!! The visa situation is very strict your easyist way to go is appily for a triple entry tourist visa from the royal thai consulate in irl before you go cost 105euro that means you will have 3 entries each one good for 60days and you can extend for 30 days for 1900baht now after 90days you must do a visa run then you come back in and same same good for 60 extend for 30... now after your triple entry is up after 9 months you must return to ireland appily for triple entry again usualy takes 5 working days then back on plane and happy days again:D We all have to do this here till we are 50yrs old then you can get a retirement visa! for me a long way away im only 34:p
    as for living here its pritty cheap food is great and the women well need i say more:D as for working you cant on a tourist visa but there are ways around it. Now the weather here in pattaya we get it great nearly all the year round even in the wet season july-oct its not too bad down south gets a **** load of rain we get about 2hrs in the evening.. temp always over 30 now its coming into april the hottest month most days 40+:eek: if you want any more info PM me....

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cmf22

TomBeckett wrote: »
    Hey There..
    So you are thinking of coming here to the land of smiles:D I left ireland 2 years ago had some money and a thai gf.. started up mu own buisness here and to be very honest life is great!! The visa situation is very strict your easyist way to go is appily for a triple entry tourist visa from the royal thai consulate in irl before you go cost 105euro that means you will have 3 entries each one good for 60days and you can extend for 30 days for 1900baht now after 90days you must do a visa run then you come back in and same same good for 60 extend for 30... now after your triple entry is up after 9 months you must return to ireland appily for triple entry again usualy takes 5 working days then back on plane and happy days again:D We all have to do this here till we are 50yrs old then you can get a retirement visa! for me a long way away im only 34:p
    as for living here its pritty cheap food is great and the women well need i say more:D as for working you cant on a tourist visa but there are ways around it. Now the weather here in pattaya we get it great nearly all the year round even in the wet season july-oct its not too bad down south gets a **** load of rain we get about 2hrs in the evening.. temp always over 30 now its coming into april the hottest month most days 40+:eek: if you want any more info PM me....

Any chance you could tell us what you do there for work?
    I've been to Thailand a good few times, the only way to make a living seems to be TEFL or running a bar? Neither are too appealing to me

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭TomBeckett

Myself and a mate bought two speedboats and set up a charter company we run one boat on day trips to the local islands koh Larn and Koh Krok and the other boat is kitted for diving we do day and night dives around Koh Sak.
    And the gf runs her cafe on Jomtien.:)

Advertisement