Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 - Week 9 Results

Options
  • 07-03-2012 4:24pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Week 9 results and post game analysis!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Packers 16-12 Vikings

The Vikings do what they did last season to the Packers making it tough at Lambeau. Tom Brady was difficult to stop for the Pack from redzone to redzone, but once the Vikings got inside the 20, they found it difficult to convert, with Green Bay twice stopping the Vikings in 1st and goal opportunities. The Green Bay passing attack continues to roll on with Locker throwing for 330 yards but no INTs or TDs. Reggie Wayne was the main threat, with 8 receptions for 200 yards. Locker was left confused by Rice and Edwards as keys drops on 3rd downs kept the Vikings in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Who was playing the Chiefs earlier, saw it at 24-24 in the 4th, how'd that finish??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

bears won by 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

madalig12 wrote: »
    Who was playing the Chiefs earlier, saw it at 24-24 in the 4th, how'd that finish??

The Bears won it . 27-24 with a field goal as time expired!

Madalig12 you can check the weeks results off the internet on http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/onlinefranchise

It updates every 30 mins or so . So as soon as a game is finished you can check the result.

Its hard to look past the 49ers and the Bears as at least the wild card teams in the NFC. Falcons look to be a good outside bet.

Two massive games coming up in the NFC North as the Bears and Packers play twice in the next four weeks :) Have the 8-0 Cardinals first though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Its not even half time in my game and im embarrassed to post the score

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans up 14-0 at the moment !

Its not even half time in my game and im embarrassed to post the score
    Hey I gave away 64 points last week, won tonight, you can turn it around (I can't beat cpu yet either) Just hang in there.

Rams win 13-10 with a 51yrd field goal with ten seconds left. Tough game against the Bengals with only a single stripping being the difference. The new Rams Gold strip may become a staple uniform from now on as it seemed to dazzle Cam Newton on occasion. Big Fairly looks like starting to turn his season around.

Pats beat Dolphins 86-0

• Advertisement

Titans @ Saints and Titans win the the toss and elect to kick.

The Saints on their second pass go deep right and get picked off.
    Titans cant get it going on the ground and have to punt it away.

Sanchez cant do much apart from running it himself and punt it.
    Best gets tackled for consecutive losses then Breaston pulls in a long 3rd down and leaves the Titans on 4th and inches and the Titans QB sneak it over.

Titans mix it up in the air and ground , Best has a bad series but goes over for the TD

7-0 Titans with just under 7 in the 2nd Q left.

Sanchez gets it and goes nowhere with 2 passes and on the third throws it to Adrian Wilson!

Titans ground it out with Best.. but then hand it off to Leshoure for a fake FB run.

14-0 Titans with 4:31 in the half.
    Sanchez throws what should be a pick 6 lateral pass but its dropped and the Saints punt it with 2 mins left in the half.

Best takes a series off... but it makes no difference Titans are on the edge of FG range and go for the throw but dont make it.

14-0 Titans at HT Titans to receive

Titans throw a quick pass and its fumbled and the Saints recover.

Titans safeties and CBs are making massive hits if a pass is caught to force incompletions or very short gains.
    Saints get a FG

14-3 Titans with 5 in the third left.

Titans are getting too predictable now with the run are forced to a loss and have to punt.

Saints cant do much and punt it away, Titans mix it up well with Amendola, Finley and Breaston in the air and Best and Bush on the ground.
    Best takes it in for a TD

21-3 Titans with just over 3 in the game.

Sanchez gets the Saints up the field and converts a key 4th down just inside the red zone and ultimately gets them a TD.
    21-10 with 1:35 on the clock.

Saints onside kick it but Titans recover.

Titans struggle and it makes the Saints use their TOs, Titans punt with 1:20 on the clock.
    Saints dont go anywhere, go for it on 4th and dont get it. Titans get the ball at the 24 yard line.

Titans are thinking on kneeling it all the way out.. but decide to go for a pass to Jahvid Best with 1 second left in the game and he pulls it in!

Some Stats:

McNabb with a QB rating of 114 with 16 from 21 and 168 yards 1 TD
    Best struggles but gets 96 yards from 30 carries with 2 TDs
    Best also gets a receiving TD
    MAthis with 2 sacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Rams @ Bengals
    This game is starting to wreck my head (spoiler alert for the game result).
    Rams receive the kickoff, sacked on 2nd down and then thinking the 3rd down pass is caught, the safety comes in and smashes the ball out out of his hands for an incompletion. Punt.
    Bengals drive down the field, but on a long third down Cam Newton throws his customary under thrown pick while aiming at Maclin in the endzone, as good as a punt though as defender tackled at the 8.
    St. Louis punt away next possession.
    On next drive Newton gets Turner loose on a 33yd screen pass. Bengals have 4th&inches at the 28yd line, elect to go for it and Newton squeaks through on a QB sneak. Bengals pound it in on the run from there, Turner eventually scoring.
    7-0 CIN
    Rams take a sack on third down next drive, punt. Bengals go three and out.
    Rams put together nice drive until they reach the endzone, and Dansby intercepts as the half nears an end. Two passes later, Bengals miss a 55yd FG by inches as time expires.
    HALF-TIME
    Bengals receive and get a couple of first downs, then Turner breaks free and outruns the defense for a long TD run, (and this is where the annoyance starts)..... it gets called back for clipping by Maclin. Ball at 38yd line after the penalty. A good defensive stand later, Bengals settle for wind-assisted 55yd FG.
    10-0 CIN
    Rams get going, and on a 2nd down play, D-lineman gets his hand to a pass and it floats up in the air before eventually falling to Rams TE. 3rd & 2, Bengals D looks to stop the run, Vick releases a quick pass to the WR, who has a CB within a yard of him who decides to ignore any attempt at a tackle as he turns around unhindered for a TD.
    10-7
    Bengals drive is broken up by a sack, then punt to the 15.
    Rams get good drive together with Vick completing some nice passes, and eventually get a 51yd FG to level it.
    10-10
    Bengals have the ball on their own 20 with 2:38, run it well to gain yards and drain the clock for the winning score. Turner has broken through for a first down in FG range and is held up in the tackle (while protecting the ball) and a short struggle later, the ball is ripped out of his hands and falls to the ground as the Rams recover the fumble on their own 38 with 1:30 left.
    You can guess what happens from here the way this is going. Rams drive the field and drain the clock to score winnig FG with 0:06 left. Bengals fail with Hail Mary.
    FINAL SCORE: 13-10 Rams

Good chatting to you Al, good luck rest of the way.

Good write up! I also had the protect ball button pressed on that early 3rd down but he did get a slap. The penalty was a joke tbh. your cpu controlled player ran into the back of a chasing player and it was pulled back. So in that regard you were unlucky. The return in St.Louis will be a firecracker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

madalig12 wrote: »
    Rams win 13-10 with a 51yrd field goal with ten seconds left.

Well done Rams

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lets go NFC West, are we about to have a clean sweep of the AFC North?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Pats beat Dolphins 86-0

Are you seriously selling Madden?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Pats beat Dolphins 86-0

Not sure tbh, Cant say im enjoying the game so far

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Pats beat Dolphins 86-0

Not sure tbh, Cant say im enjoying the game so far

Im taking some hammerings too, don't lose the faith :-)

Another lose to the cpu. What has happened to the Texans? We were one win from a playoff last year. Jesus **** im going backwards at this.

I thought the dream pairing of the two Steve Smiths would have you ripping up oppononts all year

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I thought the dream pairing of the two Steve Smiths would have you ripping up oppononts all year

So did I! :pac: Nah i have had to change my style to use this team, still havent settled on a playbook even. Its getting better, already looking forward to next season though!

Lads, Best got a receiving TD today but i cant find him on the score stats anywhere on the LM site.
    Any idea why its not recorded?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Pats beat Dolphins 86-0

I told everyone they were beating the Bill until Dave's rage!!

I got a sack last week but it wasn't recorded as a sack, just a tackle

What the last Madden called a nano sack, my DT crushed the QB before he even handed off the ball

Robbed :(

What the last Madden called a nano sack, my DT crushed the QB before he even handed off the ball

I had one of those a couple of weeks ago.

I blitzed from both sides but also had my MLB coming up the middle. The offensive line just parted ways to deal with the wide pressure and my MLB just sauntered up the middle to flatten the QB :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

The Bears won it . 27-24 with a field goal as time expired!

Madalig12 you can check the weeks results off the internet on http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/onlinefranchise

It updates every 30 mins or so . So as soon as a game is finished you can check the result.

Its hard to look past the 49ers and the Bears as at least the wild card teams in the NFC. Falcons look to be a good outside bet.
    I refute that claim! I am playing the Falcons now and hope to change your mind about who is the best outside bet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

I thought nano sacks were glitches

Just had my game against notyal666.

Really think it shows my promise, drive and determination to get to the playoffs.

A truly unexciting game. The first minute was clearly the most exciting time of the game. My first two rush plays were stuffed in the backfield, I was forced to pass. Tried a deep wideout pass to Cotchery. The Falcons CB (don't know who as LM doesn't say anybody made a pick in the game) steps up and picks it off. Falcons have it on my 13 yard line.

3rd down throw a pick in the endzone, Mikell picks it off and gets out to the 12 yard line. The Lions begin their game plan, RUN!

Lions eat up the clock the whole game, first drive goes for a field goal, Falcons can't do anything on offence and punt, second drive - field goals, Falcons can't do anything on offence and punt, third drive goes for a td, 4th drive td. 20-0!

Falcons couldn't stop the run game and couldn't do anything on offence, it doesn't make for a memorable night.

Lions rush for 238 yards while the Falcons could only manage a total of 50 yards.

The Lions are back in the hunt for a wildcard position at the very least and with an easy schedule of CPU games and only playing three teams (albeit Packers and Bears twice) without losing records, there is a great chance.

Notyalc666, you really struggled to stop my running today but as you said missing a lot of linebackers and I think if they had of been back, I would not have been so lucky today. Good luck for the rest of the season.

My Run D is already looking forward to the challenge Raoul :D

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    My Run D is already looking forward to the challenge Raoul :D

Chris Johnson is chomping at the bit for some Cheeseheads :mad:

Advertisement