Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 - Week 9 Results

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

11 attempts for 65 yards last time :p We'll do that again but my Offense will turn up this time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    11 attempts for 65 yards last time :p We'll do that again but my Offense will turn up this time :D

Thats almost an average of 6 yards. I now have a top class full back who is allowing my running backs to waltz past defences. McGahee has also gelled with the team now and the three of these guys make a great eh.. trio :cool:. Best rush offence in the league.

Hopefully DeSean Jackson is back by then too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

McG wrote: »
    I thought nano sacks were glitches

Why would it be a glitch?

It happens in the NFL sometimes

Think the actual play nano blitz is a bit of a glitch as it is stupidly quick and there is nothing you can do about it. You rarely see the QB getting sacked before he can hand it off to the HB.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The actual glitch is where the AI gets confused and your O-line doesn't block anyone due to the player on defense doing
    not going to say what
    and the QB gets sacked straight away.

It's not something you are likely to do accidentally.

• Advertisement

Well I've only gotten one this season so it's accidental for me

There are rules about exploiting glitches and I wouldn't know how to repeat it

It was an achievement in the last version on Madden

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well it is possible to sack the QB quickly using legitimate means, timing the snap count or bringing more heat than the O-line can pickup which I think is perfectly fine, that's not a glitch in the Software.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Confident about your running game eh Lions? Prepare for your running game to be annihilated against me, just like the Colts was. Chris Johnson is soft.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Confident about your running game eh Lions? Prepare for your running game to be annihilated against me, just like the Colts was. Chris Johnson is soft.

It will be a battle of two good rushing offences. We have the lowest passing yards in the league :) This is not going to be an exciting game.

Who will come out on top Jones-Drew or Johnson?

Thats the thing, you just have Jones-Drew. I also have Willis McGahee, top class player up the gut. Being able to share the carries will mean you will have to deal with a very fresh Chris Johnson. :)

I actually can't wait for my next game.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just picking up on that lads, how much of an effect does fatigue have?
    Where do you see it (if at all?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Damn, an absolute classic in the vicious Raiders-Chargers rivalry has been ruined with around 1:40 to go due to connection issues. It was 16-14 to me but the Chargers were at my 20. How do you want to do the rematch Luke? Just start again or recreate the score?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Cracking game at Lucas Oil Stadium tonight.

Buccs win the toss and elect to kick to start the game. The Colts don't waste much time and on their second snap McFadden breaks free a 65 yard run to make it 0-7.
    The Buccs answered with a Forte 1 yard TD after a long drive. 7-7.

Rivers found Anthony early in the second quarter for a 39 yard TD, 7-14, and after forcing a punt on the ensuing possession the Colts were looking to make it a 2 score game when Rivers was picked off by Davis. The Buccs would capitalise on the error finishing with a 6 yard run by Murray with only 47 seconds on the clock. 14-14. The Colts did what they had done twice already in the half and moved quickly down field, getting to the 33 yard line with time to have a few strikes at the end zone (at least 2 of which could easily have been intercepted) before sending on Rackers for the 40 yard FG as time expired to end the half 14-17.

The 3rd quarter saw a remarkable drive by the Buccs which literally took the entire quarter before being capped with a 1 yard forte TD run. Seconds before that it looked like the Buccs had wasted their 7 minutes when a fumble was called at the 1 yard line and recovered by the Colts. The Buccs coach immediately challenged and the call was overturned. The third quarter ended with the Buccs taking their first lead of the evening, 21-17.

The Colts were able to respond with the next possession when McFadden scored a 3 yard TD on the back of some big plays from Rivers to Davis. The score was 21-24 and there was 3 and a half minutes left.
    The Buccs offence went back to work and meticulously worked their way down the field (with a little help from a suspect ruling on a sideline catch!) before the Colts defence stopped the Buccs on 3rd down for only the 2nd time all game (The Buccs made 12 out of 14 3rd down attempts today!). They were still a little way out of FG range and decided to go on 4th and inches... they make it over the 1st down marker but then... fumble! This one wasn't going to be overturned. The Colts run a few plays and the Buccs burn up their timeouts until the Colts are left at 4th and inches with one minute to go. The Colts coach makes a big decision and decides to go for it rather than giving the ball back to the Buccs. the Colts call for a quarterback sneak but upon seeing the defence line up think better of it and call for a run to the outside. The matchups were still unfavorable and the Colts were considering taking a timeout when Rivers noticed one of the defenders looked like he had strayed offside and snapped the ball. McFadden was stuffed for a 2 yard loss but the yellow flag came in and an automatic first down awarded to the Colts which effectively ended the game.

The Colts extend their run of wins to 6 and stay on top of the AFC South with a 6-2 record. Huge game up next for the Colts against the Titans. The Titans won the corresponding fixture earlier in the season and a win for them this time would give them the tie breaker and a huge boost in retaining the AFC South title.

The Buccs fall to 6-2 with their second consecutive loss but a win against the Falcons next week would give them a comfortable 3 game lead in the NFC South.

Once again both Vernon Davis and Darren McFadden make over 100 yards.
    McFadden had 104 yards and 2 TDs on 15 touches. He leads the league (as far as I know) with 14 TDs this season.
    Freeman showed great accuracy making 22 of 29 for 220 yards (0 TDs or INTs) as the Buccs put together some great drives.
    The Colts have become a very balanced side, tonight being a good example with 16 passes and 16 runs keeping the Buccs defence guessing for the most part.

I really enjoyed that that Steve. Best of luck with the rest of the season!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Raiders beat Chargers.

Just picking up on that lads, how much of an effect does fatigue have?
    Where do you see it (if at all?)

Anyone have an answer for this?
    Or do we have fatigue switched off?

Well, i just go on how they are performing. You really notice a defense is not as good in the 4th if they have been on for most of the game and you also see it on rbs when they have received a lot of carries, they need a bit of a rest. Sometimes the cpu will take the rb off for you if he is fatigued and sit him out for a couple of plays.

Also with defense, the cpu might change players to give them a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What a game that has just taken place at MetLife Stadium :eek:

The Cowboys beat ET's Giants 31-28 with a 41 yard FG in OT.

To be honest I can't really remember how the game went (who scored at what times etc) but some stats:

Cowboys had 390 yards of total offense (269 rushing, 121 passing) whilst the Giants had 400 (111 rushing, 289 passing).

Bradshaw was the main man for the Cowboys, making his comeback from injury with 3 TD's (an 84 yard run being the pick of the bunch) for 269 yards from 22 attempts. Stevie Johnson had an 84 yard receiving TD (throw by Manning obviously enough for his only big throw of the day) and that was the only really passing contribution. Heath Miller had an important reception in OT for 12 yards or so but nothing major.

For the Giants Alex Smith was superb throwing for 292 yards, 2 TD's and only 1 INT. Marcedes Lewis was absoluetly impossible to stop for me (I was even spotlighting him through the game but it was no use) and he burned me for 117 yards and 1 TD. The running game didn't need to be much use for the Giants who were getting lots of success through the air and that's reflected in the stats with Mendhall running for 76 yards off 22 attempts although he did get 1 TD.

On defense London Fletcher (who else?) was the main man for me, whilst Dane Fletcher and Quan Sturdivant were the main men for the Giants.

The big talking point I suppose is the Giants missed FG with time running out which would have seen them win the game. It was very long but there was a 19mph wind behind him which seen the ball have plenty of distance, but just sailed to the right and wide.

In OT the Giants were forced to punt, Manning threw a nice one to Miller who ran for about 12 yards, and then it was up to Bradshaw to run to FG distance and he did, with Henery knocking over the 41 yarder to give the Cowboys the win, whilst my heart was nearly beating out of my chest. Pressure! :pac:

Cowboys win an important divisional game to move to 5-3, whilst the Giants move to 3-5. Up next for me is the CPU Seahawks (who I'm told are quite decent) and the Giants play the CPU Redskins.

Thanks for the great game ET and our next one in week 11 is sure to be a cracker!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

My friend was taking notes during the game and submitted this review

News from the New Meadowlands where the New York Giants and the Dallas Cowboys met in glorious sunshine earlier today. The visiting Cowboys won toss and deferred the kickoff.

The game began in encouraging fashion for the Giants with Rashad Mendenhall breaking off a long run. However, a stupid penalty for clipping by Robert Meecham set the G-Men back. On the next play Rashad Mendenhall left the game injured. With Drew Brees already out for the season the Giants feared the worst. However it turned out to be nothing more than a bruise and Mendehall was back in time to be stuffed on 3rd and short by Brandon Meebane. On the punt, the Giants then compounded their sloppy start when the gunner ran into the Cowboys returner on the ensuing punt, giving away great field position. A few first downs later and up stepped Alex Henery (“the eight I am, Henery the eight I am I am”) who missed the 52 yard FG.

A few first downs runs from Mendenhall, who’s arm had healed and a 20 yard pass to Greg Little on 3rd down set the Giants up with 1st and goal from the 10.The Cowboys stopped the run on 1st and 2nd down but a draw play on 3rd saw Mendenhall run in for a TD and a Giants lead.
    A poor kickoff return left the ‘Boys on their own 15. On the first play from scrimmage, Ahmad Bradshaw broke a run outside RT for an 85 yard TD. The Giants once again drove down the field but had to settle for a field goal after Arellious Benn dropped and easy pass which would have been a first down. Kicker Billy Cundiff gave the Giants the lead again but it was only momentary as Bradshaw broke another tackle to scamper 70 yards for a TD on first play of the drive again.

The Giants tried to respond immediately but the first of many underthrown Smith passes was picked by Clay Matthews impersonator Brooks Reed. Yet another long Bradshaw run (55 yards) set the Cowboys up with a 1st and Goal from the Giants 1 yard line. A quick toss later and the score was 21 -10 with 60 seconds left in the half. Cris Collinsworth noted on several occasions that Bradshaw possessed “get away from the cops” speed with 210 yards from only 4 carries!!!

Despite Alex Smith throwing like a blind little girl with no arms, he marched the Giants O back into Cowboys territory, settling for a FG with time running out. There was still time for the Cowboys to throw a last second hail mary which fell incomplete, leaving the score 21-13 at the half.
    The second half began with the Giants finally containing Brahsahw. An incomplete Manning pass on 3rd down saw the Cowboys punt for the first time. The Giants then marched the ball down the field where an “accurate” Smith pass found full back Leonard Weaver for a 50yard TD pass. Smith then found Marcedes Lewis on the 2-point-conversion-try to tie the game at 21.

As with the first half, the Giants D was once again distracted by the good weather, allowing the Cowboys to regain the lead with their first play of the drive, Manning finding his Steve Johnson for a 70 yard score.

The Giants once again had the ball back and the length of the field to go. After marching into field goal range, a 19kmph wind forced the Giants punter onto the field. The punt went out of bounds at the 1 yard line, leaving the Cowboys in a precarious position as the 4th quarter began.

After 2 short Bradshaw runs, a huge sack on 3rd down by Adrian Clayborn gave the Giants the ball with 6 minutes left on the game clock. Despite the best effort of one man wrecking crew Haloti Ngata the Giants marched into Cowboys territory and then the redzone as the clock hit the 2 minute warning. 3 stops at the goal line left the Giants 4th and goal. A quick slant to Lewis for a TD and the scores were tied up again with 1:33 on the clock

The Cowboys had the ball but a great defensive effort from the Giants saw them get it back and march into field goal range, stopping the clock with 4 seconds to go. Billy Cundiff is not the man you want in any pressure situation and he once again caused an entire fanbase to attack his Wikipedia page, missing wide right.

The Giants won the toss and elected to receive. Once again Haloti Nagata and co. brought the heat, sacking Alex Smith on 3rd down, forcing the punt. Some nice runs from Bradshaw allowed Alex Henery the chance to redeem himself. He put the 40 yard field goal straight through the middle of the posts - winning the game for the Cowboys and an evening with Mrs Cundiff!!!

The result leaves the Cowboys very much in the hunt for the NFC East with Eagles while the Giants will think of what might have been had they turned up in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nice one ET, very good review that :pac:

Sounds like a great game lads

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Paully D wrote: »
    Nice one ET, very good review that :pac:

Can't take the credit, my friend whose xbox i was using was sat beside me with a laptop while I played. Me and Dave have been trying to get him to join the league. He has no time at the minute, but may have more time in a few weeks.

As you can tell from the review he is keen on NFL.

• Advertisement

a good game here as east plays west, the 49ers making the long trip across the country.

The eagles won the toss and deferred, 49ers run the ball a bit but get bogged down and need to punt;

The eagles drive down the field on their first drive converting a few 3rd and long plays, Owens eventually runs in a TD to make it 7-0.

Matt Cassell hits Jimmy graham for a 72 yard TD off of play action on the first play of the next drive, 7-7.

The eagles stall on their next drive and punt it away, the 49ers slowly move the ball up the field, before getting a 1st and goal from the one, but a great defensive stand from the eagles and the 49ers have to settle for a FG.

Half time score 10-7.

The eagles move the ball quite well on their first drive of the 2nd half, but they are eventually stopped by the 49ers defense the eagles must punt again.

The next 49ers drive eats up some serious clock time as they drove down the field mixing pass and run, Jimmy Graham catches a 6 yard TD pass to strech the lead to 10 points, 17-7.

The eagles again move the ball well but as the 4th quarter commences the drive stalls and Philly must settle for a longwell FG to make it a 1 possesion game. 17-10.

On the ensuing drive the 49ers again run some clock, moving slowly down the field, with Graham and Britt catching key passes whilie Jamaal charles continues to rack up the yards. Deep inside the Eagles red zone, receiver tate is not covered by the defense and cassell hits him for the insurance score.

24-10.

Still 3:39 left so all is not lost especially when Santonio holmes hauls in a pass for a big game and the eagles are already within striking distance.

As the drive continues the eagles pass it incomplete on 3rd and short and decide to go for it on 4th down, but again they pass and it falls to the turf and the 49ers get it with just over 2 mins to go.

SF are moving the ball well on the ground and seal the game with a short pass to tate, who take sit 51 yards for the TD.

Key performers:
    SF:

Matt Cassell : 11/14 4 TD's 0 Picks
    Jimmy graham 4 rec 111 yards 2 TD's
    Jamaal Charles 20 Att 134 yards

Colt McCoy 10/19 157
    Boldin 3 Rec 41 yards
    Patrick 15 atts 48 yards.

Good game, the scoreline really flatters me as the game was in the balance until around 2 mins to go. Haven't given up on the division yet, but at least I'm looking good for a wildcard if I don't win the NFC West.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Poor Dave :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Fair play to berty he bummed me tonight and he was nice about it. Back to the drawing board. Humpf!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

SantryRed wrote: »
    Poor Dave :(
    Yep even I felt sorry for Dave. Missing Foster the Bills running game did not exist. First play a 40 yard pass and Bills looked good but that was the only play that went right in the whole game for them. After that all Jets who wound up easy winners. Felt guilty as my whole Jets team rated better than the Bills, when we played with the same level team nothing in it.

Just one of those games for the Bills who will be delighted to have Foster back next week, could spark a turnaround in their season.

Berty44 wrote: »

Just one of those games for the Bills who will be delighted to have Foster back next week, could spark a turnaround in their season.

Nooooooooooooo :eek:

Bad news for the Ravens who are the Bills next opponents

Still the Ravens finished second in the league for run defense last year, confidence abounds :cool:

Right, we're putting a bounty on Foster, don't tell the commish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Bad news for the Ravens who are the Bills next opponents

Right, we're putting a bounty on Foster, don't tell the commish

Bengals owner has put up Spanish-soccer style bonus payment Bills and Foster to beat Ravens. It's the Anti-Bounty!

Got some good responses to your MLB pick-a-team Mike

Advertisement