Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with puppy buying

• 07-03-2012 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi there im looking for advice on buying a pup.

basically we where searching last night for a Westie pup but came across a Cute morkie so i emailed the seller here is all the details ive gotten. The add was for sale im Monahan and it was priced at £150 pounds.

any advice on this is gratefull as im kinda worried this might be a pup farmer etc etc

"Hi Diane

Is this pup still for sale i cant see a date on your add, we would love to take hi,/her off your hands.

Ed"

Hello ,
    Thanks for your interest towards these lovely puppies. They are
    outstanding male and female puppies from multi-championship
    bloodlines with an awesome pedigree. They are all registered,vet
    checked and will make good house pets.I am giving them out for
    sale only to good caring home because i don't want them to
    suffer.They are medically fit and friendly with kids,adults and other
    house pets . The reason I'm giving them out for sale is because of
    my trip and the poor health of my Son with cancer who thinks i should
    give them out so that they should not suffer and the worst thing is
    that i don't have enough time to show the puppies the love they
    deserve. My puppies are very sensitive and i will like to tell you a
    little about them:-

MALE.

He is home raised with lots of TLC and pre-spoiled for his new home.
    He is already willing to go to his new pets loving and caring home.
    He is house/Potty Trained.
    He eat 2 times daily and at afternoons he drinks Milk .
    He is socialized with kids and other house hold pets .

FEMALE
    She is cute for breeding, but gorgeous and have been raised in our home.
    She is house/potty trained
    She eats 2 times.
    She is socialized.
    She’s also a portable baby.
    She's feels shy when carried.
    She's also likes to be kissed.

If you are interested in giving these puppies a wonderful home,then
    Provide answers to the following questions.

1:Do you have kids?
    2:Do you have a large yard or garden for them to play?
    3:Are you a breeder?
    4.Why are you interested in this breed?
    5. Where are you located?

Sorry for all the question , but i just want to be sure that the puppies
    are going to the right home and they will be having all the love and attention
    they need. Please get back to me with the answers so that can send pictures.
    Waiting for your kind response.

my reply

Hi Thomas,

Thats fine about the questions i totally understand, and im sorry to hear about your son i wish him every best on the road to recovery.

To answer your questions,

We dont have kids i live with my partner in Delvin in westmeath, Our Garden is quiet big, here is our house http://www.envisionglass.ie/#/about-us/4559646662.

We are not breeders, we lost our Cocker spaniel last year to old age my partner had her since a pup and i know he misses her greatly. we miss having a pet to love and care for, we chose the breed as we would like a small dog that doesnt grow very big and a happy dog that loves attention and affection.

We are only looking for one pup if thats ok, my partner is in work at the moment but will be home at 2 today for lunch so i will talk to him and if you like i can call you tonight here is my contact

Eddie.

Ps the Envision site is our small business so it does show that we will be able to provide for the pup. x

then his reply

Hello ,
    I am so happy to read from you in regards to the puppy again, I will be annoyed to hear that the puppy has been sent to a shelter or Kennel as I believe this little baby will be around with you all the time to play with your kids and other house hold animals spectacular Birds,Cats,Monkeys and even Horses, so in case you may have this animals in your home then be sure that this puppy goes well with all of them.Presently I'm in the Isle of Man but can arrange for a pet shipping company that will get the puppy shipped over to your without any problem and this will cost you just €250.During this process necessary information shall be needed from you,it will be highly needed by the shippers to locate
    your area for home shipping

Your Names In full............?

City..............?

House Address...........?

Mobile and landline numbers................?

Closet airport to your home...........?

As soon as I shall get the puppy registered at the shipping company first thing tomorrow morning. The shipping company shall contact you shortly via email and phone to let you know more about the shipping details such as the departure time, arrival time and how you shall be paying the money directly to them. We also want to let you know that the puppy will be coming with the following

# Health guarantee
    # Vaccine record
    # AKC registration papers
    # Microchip Registration
    # Pedigree
    # Nutrition supplement
    # Traveling Crate
    #Toys and food samples

I have attached some pictures to this mail.Hope you like them.
    Waiting to read from you once more.
    Best regards.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

SCAM!
    SCAM!
    SCAM!

Sorry OP, you're being had here. I won't go into detail but Morkies are neither a breed, nor can they be registered, with the AKC, nor anyone else. And why would xbreed pups, born in the isle of Man be registered with the American Kennel Club?
    The ad is from Monaghan yet the breeder is in the Isle of Man?
    By any chance was the website you saw them on gumtree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

scam, avoid
    They are going to fly it in from Monaghan and its a fully registered a mutt?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Eddieb

this is where i got it from

<MOD SNIP>

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Eddieb wrote: »
    this is where i got it from

<MOD SNIP>

It's a scam. Please don't fall for it.
    Oh, and if you're looking for a Westie pup, tread v carefully. There are almost no reputable Westie breeders in the south of Ireland. If you'd like names of good westie breeders, pm me, and I'll pass on details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

It's a scam, report it to the site and then walk away.

If you are interested in buying a pup then contact DBB for a list of breeders and steer clear of Donedeal. This way you won't fall prey to all the backyard breeders and puppy farmers there.

Also Morkies, Cavachons, Yorkiepoos and any other ridiculous so called designer breeds are only bred by people interested in profit. These are not real breeds, it's against the IKC code of ethics to cross two different breeds of dogs so the people producing these dogs are only in it for money. Please do not fund this industry.

Here's some info about avoiding puppy farms http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056295154

Or if you would like to rescue there are plenty of lovely little crossbreed pups without cutesy names or westies looking for good homes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It's a scam. Never, ever, ever buy any puppy without travelling to see it with its breeder first. That way you can be more confident that it comes from a good home and not a puppy mill.

Toulouse wrote: »
    It's a scam, report it to the site and then walk away.

If you are interested in buying a pup then contact DBB for a list of breeders and steer clear of Donedeal. This way you won't fall prey to all the backyard breeders and puppy farmers there.

Also Morkies, Cavachons, Yorkiepoos and any other ridiculous so called designer breeds are only bred by people interested in profit. These are not real breeds, it's against the IKC code of ethics to cross two different breeds of dogs so the people producing these dogs are only in it for money. Please do not fund this industry.

Here's some info about avoiding puppy farms http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056295154

Or if you would like to rescue there are plenty of lovely little crossbreed pups without cutesy names or westies looking for good homes.

Thanks guys will pm DBB we would like a small dog so we chose westie. am a bit upset as was looking forward to getting this one. a well. Thanks again all for your help and will email the guy back and report them.

Ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I know it's easy to get carried away when buying a puppy but you really really need to do your research first and think with your head and not your heart. It'll save a lot of pain in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Seriously, its a scam, did you not already guess?? :confused:

For a start why would you pay £150 for a mongrel?

Also, they cant be registered either so thats lies.

Honestly, how could you think this is genuine???

Thanks guys will pm DBB we would like a small dog so we chose westie. am a bit upset as was looking forward to getting this one. a well. Thanks again all for your help and will email the guy back and report them.

Ed.

Dont email the guy back, dont contact them again, they will keep harassing you, they are wasting your time so dont give them anymore of it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'd guess they had their suspicions and they posted here to check.

Eddie - just wondering - do you have your heart set on a pure bred westie, or would you consider a small breed puppy from rescue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I would imagine that there aren't even any puppies (I do hope not!!), they're just trying to get your money out of you, you send your 150 euro and you can never contact them again!!

Id advise you to take your mobile number off your post ;)

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    I would imagine that there aren't even any puppies (I do hope not!!), they're just trying to get your money out of you, you send your 150 euro and you can never contact them again!!

No there are never any puppies. Even the wording of the reply is a giveaway, how they describe the pups etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Hen88

Do not buy a puppy! Look at all the abandoned animals on the RSPCA, dogs trust ! Go look around shelters plenty in need of a good home.

Whispered wrote: »
    Eddie - just wondering - do you have your heart set on a pure bred westie, or would you consider a small breed puppy from rescue?

just a small breed pup but we did have our hearts set on a westie or that type. We had a cocker Spaniel "Ella" who passed away at christmas due to old age, my partner had her as a pup so he knows about raising pups, we decided that we didnt want another big dog that a small one would be nice for the house and as you can see from the pic in the OP we have quiet a big yard.

There would be a few in rescue similar, or maybe even PB westie. Are you ok with people suggesting some on thread for you?

There would be a few in rescue similar, or maybe even PB westie. Are you ok with people suggesting some on thread for you?

Yes please do as im new to this my sister suggested a place in Mount Venus so will check that one on the weekend but and suggestions would be great Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SpyderCats

OP try not to be too disappointed :) the right puppy for you is out there just waiting for you to pick him/her up. There are lots of beautiful small bred dogs out there to choose from :) Whether you choose to adopt from a rescue/ pound or buy a pure breed, I wish you the very best of luck.

• Advertisement

SpyderCats wrote: »
    OP try not to be too disappointed :) the right puppy for you is out there just waiting for you to pick him/her up. There are lots of beautiful small bred dogs out there to choose from :) Whether you choose to adopt from a rescue/ pound or buy a pure breed, I wish you the very best of luck.

Thank you so much x

The way it works with most rescues is you see a pup you're interested in, yo contact them, they ask you questions and visit your house, then if they're happy you and the pup suit each other you give a donation (this is so the rescue can continue its work) and you're given your puppy. With a good rescue you have a lifetime of back up, so if you have problems they are there to give advice, and if the unthinkable should happen and the dog has to be rehomed they will assist. The pup should be vaccinated if old enough and you will have to sign a neuter contract in the majority of cases.

All rescues will have different criteria, so don't be put off if you don't match up with the first one you try.
    Yes please do as im new to this my sister suggested a place in Mount Venus so will check that one on the weekend but and suggestions would be great Thank you.

Are you on facebook? I can PM you a link for a small 3 month old terrier looking for a home.

The way it works with most rescues is you see a pup you're interested in, yo contact them, they ask you questions and visit your house, then if they're happy you and the pup suit each other you give a donation (this is so the rescue can continue its work) and you're given your puppy. With a good rescue you have a lifetime of back up, so if you have problems they are there to give advice, and if the unthinkable should happen and the dog has to be rehomed they will assist. The pup should be vaccinated if old enough and you will have to sign a neuter contract in the majority of cases.

All rescues will have different criteria, so don't be put off if you don't match up with the first one you try.

Are you on facebook? I can PM you a link for a small 3 month old terrier looking for a home.

Pm'ed Facebook details Thanks.

Thanks I didn't take your details, I PM'd you FB details for some puppies, not exactly like westies but other smallies. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

OP - you have put an awful lot of info about yourself in your first post, it's not really the best idea to make yourself so easily identifiable tbh. You might find you will end up sticking around on Boards, maybe post in other forums and if so, sooner or later you will have a difference of opinion with someone you wouldn't want to have assess to all that info. There are also a lot of opportunists out there and putting that sort of info out publicly could well attract similar egits trying to scam you into buying a puppy. My advice would be to remove anything that can be used to identify who you are.

The t-interwebs is dangerous in the wrong hands ;)

/lecture

Advertisement