Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this something I should be worried about?

Options
  • 07-03-2012 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

I have noticed that my boss (I work in a call centre) sometimes uses pseudonyms when calling people. Today I discovered that she uses my email account, and signs my name, on emails she sends to clients.

None of the email accounts have passwords, and I'm not worried about privacy since I'd only send work emails from it. I just think it's kind of weird that she's posing as me when communicating with clients.

What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

I have never worked in a call centre but I wouldn't be happy with my name being attached to anything I hadn't done. All emails and paper work can be used in complaints, disciplinary actions, (a few in my job at the moment!!) so I'd insist that I be the only one to send emails from my account with my name on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

kylith wrote: »
    I have noticed that my boss (I work in a call centre) sometimes uses pseudonyms when calling people. Today I discovered that she uses my email account, and signs my name, on emails she sends to clients.

None of the email accounts have passwords, and I'm not worried about privacy since I'd only send work emails from it. I just think it's kind of weird that she's posing as me when communicating with clients.

What do ye think?

No way would I be happy with this what happends if your boss gives customer wrong information and they come back and make a complaint it be you in the dock as your name is on the email

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

If my boss was using my name when sending mails, I would ask them why.

I would also ask them to cease and desist. It's dodgy and puts your name to something you had no part in.

Password protect your e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

This sounds dodgy to say the least. Your name will be associated if any of these e-mails have a complaint with regards to the content.

Could you take a look at your companies IT security policy? Generally it's frowned on not to have your accounts password protected or your computer unlocked when away from your desk.

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

I've had dealings with a manager in the same industry who did the exact same thing-after several emails back and forth with the boss the situation was not resolved amicably so I received an email from another 'member' of staff, replied to it and then received a reply from the boss....

It was disconcerting and frustrating in the least, as well as being incredibly unprofessional.

OP, I'd ask your boss to stop using your name in communication and if there is nothing in your IT policy make sure you mention it to HR, not to complain but just so there is a record if anything happens further down the line.

• Advertisement
Advertisement