Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing a food product to market

Options
  • 07-03-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone got experience in the food business, i have a product that i am trying to turn into a business i know i can bring my product to farmers market but by doing this it wont ever turn into a sustainable business although it will be great for testing different flavours for customer feed back to make it sustainable i am thinking i will need to get it on supermarket shelves but in doing this it leaves another problem could i supply the demmand if i did manage to get this far.Has anyone any advice of bringing a product to market?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Hi OP. Please pm with more details. Regards Oliver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Hi bizzyb, I was in the same boat as you a few months ago, and am now supplying to small shops/bars, if you've any questions give me a shout, Im not long into it, but I can give advice based on my experience so far anyway.

Depending on the product, I would leave aside Supermarkets for now, if you're already questioning whether you could supply them or not, or if you have little market research done in terms of pricing/flavours etc, then you wont be ready for the bigger shops.

But if you've any specific questions fire away.

Advertisement