Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaning forward when overtaking makes your car go faster

• 07-03-2012 5:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

Or bouncing up & down while trying to build up speed works a treat too.
    Doesn't matter what the speedos saying, you're hitting Warp 5 & climbing.
    If you make the noise of increased revs it's also bound to give you an extra 10%.
    This is all good advice with the cost of fuel & all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I tend to lean forward when going up a hill in my car too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Sounds like you're riding a bicycle not driving a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Shouldn't you be in primary school? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Sindri wrote: »
    Shouldn't you be in primary school? :)

Good point, my students will be expecting me back soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

It also makes it easier to

a) smack ones erect penis off the gearstick or

b) use said gearstick as a dildo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If you lean right back in your seat, the car stops quicker as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Or bouncing up & down while trying to build up speed works a treat too.
    Doesn't matter what the speedos saying, you're hitting Warp 5 & climbing.
    If you make the noise of increased revs it's also bound to give you an extra 10%.
    This is all good advice with the cost of fuel & all.

...it's like thumping the "return" key. Soon the OS will get the message and stop acting the bollix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

And shouting at the slow/bad driver in front of you makes them instantly clean up their act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

When your accelerating you're going faster than when you reach the limits of what the car is capable of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

A few years ago I noticed that sticking my tongue out made me play better on Pro Evo for the PS2 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Don't forget to lean to the side to help your cornering. With all that speed you have built up you need that little bit extra to keep you on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Indicating when there are no cars on the road makes them suddenly appear, especially when turning right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Why do you thin motorbikes are super fast?

Because the rider is leaning forward all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Don't have a car myself, but I've driven quite a few in computer games. If you steer the controller as well as using the buttons you actually gain better traction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

WindSock wrote: »
    Indicating when there are no cars on the road makes them suddenly appear, especially when turning right.

walking to your parked car you see no traffic but as soon as your turn that ignition on.... bam there is a long string of traffic preventing you from pulling out. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Moving the controller up when making Mario jump on the Nintendo makes him jump higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

kfallon wrote: »
    A few years ago I noticed that sticking my tongue out made me play better on Pro Evo for the PS2 :pac:
    Sticking your tongue out makes you better at anything that requires even the slightest concentration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

I so lean forward when overtaking and get slagged by the missus, wait till we see who's laughing now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

And shouting at the slow/bad driver in front of you makes them instantly clean up their act

Holy moly, I love doing this.

Also, I love that people have gotten so good at using secondary controls in theirs cars that they're able to turn on their full beams and fog lights in one swift motion which impresses their friends. And then they leave them on. All the damn time. Always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don't have a car myself, but I've driven quite a few in computer games. If you steer the controller as well as using the buttons you actually gain better traction.

If you turn your body with the controller you actually turn the corners quicker.

On the over taking thing I used to work with a bloke who rocked back and forth whenever he was overtaking another car, was constantly waiting for him to roll down the window and start whipping the side of the van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Leaning forward when overtaking makes your motorbike go faster due to reduced drag.

Fixed your statement for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

If you make vroom.. vroom... sounds just after starting the engine, it will automatically give you another 25 horses for each vroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Didn't think I posted in this thread:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If you foolishly attept an overtaking manoeuver and find an unexpected oncoming vehicle, narrowing you shoulders together will ensure there is enough room for your vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Pressing a button thats already been lit in a left makes it get there faster- fact :-/

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Turning down the radio/ stereo helps you when you are lost or trying to read junction signs or house numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Loud 70s rock tunes on your radio increase your speed and fuel consumption.
    Fact.

Shutting the windows helps a bit, ejecting the passengers helps as well. :pac:

Nearly forgot to mention the go-faster stripes, they're essential!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

She leans back in my car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Speeding up towards a bend and then doing a handbraker is far safer and more efficient than gearing down, using your mirrors etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Ducking your head when driving through a tunnel stops the roof getting ripped from the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    If you foolishly attept an overtaking manoeuver and find an unexpected oncoming vehicle, narrowing you shoulders together will ensure there is enough room for your vehicle.

Nah I find clenching the butt cheeks together works much better.:pac:

Advertisement