Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad 1 not charging properly

• 07-03-2012 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Have an iPad 1 which is having trouble charging.
    Will get the "not charging" message some times, last night I got a "not compatible with this device" message (or words to that effect) when trying to charge it.

Mains charging it with the original cableand plug it came with.
    Any point in trying with an iPhone charger or cable?

Thanks
    R

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Stevegeraghty

It's prob the charger, same thing happened to mine,pick up a new charger, the iPhone will charge it but it will take ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

thats a bummer ;)

Its amazing how many devices start to fail once a new version is brought put...

Its like we need to justify to our Better Halfs that I need a new one coz this is broken

:D

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Charging fine with the cable from the iPhone
    (just don't tell the missus :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭squonk

It's nearly always the charger. Mind you, I think that's a very serious issue. You know, once one thing starts to go, other stuff starts next so I'd really recommend you upgrade to the iPad 3 at this stage :D

Advertisement