Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP issue & account issue

Options
  • 07-03-2012 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I tried to login in with my regular account "Sesshoumaru" about 30 minutes ago and got a message that my account had reached the maximum number of login attempts permissible. However I had not made any failed attempts to login. I then tried to load the http://www.boards.ie webpage and found it to be not loading. From the same computer it does however load if I change the external IP address I'm using.

Can someone assist me please? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Thanks mystery admin person!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

In the future I'd suggest contacting hello@boards.ie instead of making a new account but anyway...

There is a lock out when an IP address tries to log in five times with the wrong password. Each block lasts 15 minutes. So if somebody on the same IP as you does this, even with another account, you won't be able to get on to Boards.ie until that IP ban is lifted. This is why when you changed external IP address it worked fine. If somebody had attempted to log into your own personal account 5 times and locked out then you would have received an email informing you of this, I suspect you were on a shared IP. No admin person helped you with this :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement