Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs & Socs Ball

Options
  • 07-03-2012 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭

Anyone going?

Looks a little poor compared to previous years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

No one on my course that I know of anyway. Most people thinking it is too expensive a night out for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

I'd have to agree. I feel obliged to go as I run a society, but still it's 50 quid I just don't have. Couple that with the fact it doesn't look as good as previous years and it's not exactly a tempting night out.

I don't know anyone (or of anyone) that's going either. That wedding band they have booked seems a poor choice. Are they well known or something? Whats up with that?

They had guest speakers previous years, and 2 bands last year, AND tickets were only 40 euro and it was on in the same flippin place. Why so gorram expensive now?

KonFusion wrote: »
    I'd have to agree. I feel obliged to go as I run a society, but still it's 50 quid I just don't have. Couple that with the fact it doesn't look as good as previous years and it's not exactly a tempting night out.

I don't know anyone (or of anyone) that's going either. That wedding band they have booked seems a poor choice. Are they well known or something? Whats up with that?

They had guest speakers previous years, and 2 bands last year, AND tickets were only 40 euro and it was on in the same flippin place. Why so gorram expensive now?

How formal is it anyway? Had it been the 50 for ticket - dinner and a night out I might have considered it (although probably still wouldn't have gone). But when you have to account for a dress/suit hire, shoes, tan, hair, make up (yeah, I know, girl much? :p) drinking money, taxi's/hotel room and a ticket for your OH if they are going it just gets crazy expensive. Like you are easily talking 250-300 there for a night out.

It is one thing if you would be guaranteed a brilliant night out, great bands that you actually know and DJ, good meal etc. similar to Trinity Ball/ the various UCD course balls (around 70 a ticket but money well spent) but the SU just aren't offering that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 roadrunnerkev

I'm Attending, Some will say the line up is not as good as last year but honestly you and your friends make the night... Not the SU they only organise it.

Its up to you are your friends to attend and make it a night to remember!!

I'm Attending, Some will say the line up is not as good as last year but honestly you and your friends make the night... Not the SU they only organise it.

Its up to you are your friends to attend and make it a night to remember!!

I think the fact that it's on in the same venue as last year, but is more expensive and has a poorer line up is the reason people are not running to buy tickets. I couldn't care what the line up is, it's just too expensive for what it is.

If they could pull it off cheaper last year in the same place with a better line up, why is it more expensive this year? Surely the hotel hardly put up it's prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 roadrunnerkev

KonFusion wrote: »
    I think the fact that it's on in the same venue as last year, but is more expensive and has a poorer line up is the reason people are not running to buy tickets. I couldn't care what the line up is, it's just too expensive for what it is.

If they could pull it off cheaper last year in the same place with a better line up, why is it more expensive this year? Surely the hotel hardly put up it's prices.
    As far as I am aware there is a new location last year it was in the Crown Plaza Blanchardstown this time its in Santry... so Yeah its a new Location EOA

As far as I am aware there is a new location last year it was in the Crown Plaza Blanchardstown this time its in Santry... so Yeah its a new Location EOA

Crowne Plaza Santry? My mistake, thought it was crowne plaza blanch.

Looks like they're not selling so well. Posted today on the ITB SU Facebook page:
    Itb SU
    Clubs and Societies ball tickets have been reduced to €40 and tickets without a meal are €30. Tickets without meal are allowed in after 10pm, following the meal and medal presentation. All students welcome whether in a club or society or not.

Advertisement