Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Tube Videos: Quality Paranormal Content

Options
  • 07-03-2012 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hi Mods,

You Tube Videos: Quality Paranormal Content

Perhaps there is an existing thread already?

But would it be possible to have a thread for video footage of suggested paranormal video evidence footage.

I've been trawling through you tube and there's so much garbage, a lot from the same source(s).

But I did find one, where this English guy, was talking to what he suggested where paranormal spirits, in his bedroom, asking them to move for him.

At his request, there was obvious movement of what can be best described as a simple thin, winged bird shape in flight, appeared to be like smoke, moving along just above the carpet on his floor.

I didnt study it in depth, and now I cant find it :o.

Could we run with this as a thread? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

Example:

There seems to be some merit in pondering/discussing this one.

Man appears to be cutting tree, right hand side of road at, .35 seconds.

Could be thats all it is. Maybe a set up? And why take a video at this time?

http://youtu.be/MOSaT9n5zyw

I'm posting this one up as all I can see is

1) What seems to be a lady walking along the perimeter of a fence
    2) Badly functioning camera or poorly taken footage.:rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/G27tgEiUE2o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

how can you validate anything you find on youtube? thats the problem I have with video.

Captain Disullusion is good at debunking paranormal youtube vids

• Advertisement

Indeed and totally agreed, although some (hopefully) are more credulous than others, (well about .001% of the vidoes that I've watched ).

But surely will it not always be impossible to completely validate the paranormal unless we have some incredible experience ourselves?

Like a decased relative meeting you in the street and asking you how you're gettin on. And even then insanity/drug use would be the obvious answer.

I wouldnt write off videos, just trying to see if we can estasblish a way to filter the rare ones that are worth having a look at.

I cant understand why established ghost hunters would post up anything in excess of 3 minutes, but a lot seem to post up stuff from anything from 15 to 30 minutes....life is precious enough...:D

maccored wrote: »
    how can you validate anything you find on youtube? thats the problem I have with video.

Presently, I would say the only way you could be shown any convincing 'proof' of the paranormal would be experiencing it first hand. Otherwise its hearsay, or on video or on audio. Video and audio can be tampered with, which only leaves first hand experience. Then its a matter of examining that experience to find whatever natural explainations there may be. IF there definitely arent any, then its back to doing research to find out what other explanations there may be.

There is no answer to the cynical demand of 'show me proof', but if people are skeptical enough, they should just go and dig into the whole thing themselves and educate themselves about what paranormal research is actually about - not what telly says its about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

Agreed Maccored, as I said in another post, until a ghost scares the bejaysus out of me, I will remain a skeptic. Given the fact that there's been how many billion humans through this planet, and yet, we have no concrete proof of any sort of an afterlife...........

Maccored and Screamer...thanks for input, but in fairness, the proposed thread was about sharing You Tube/Video footage and not general personal opinions, otherwise the objective of the thread is unachieveable.

I'd really like members to post up videos for discussion. If that doesnt happen, all well and good.

Cheers for now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

430013_347283561976583_114989435205998_988431_1822056481_n.jpg

What do you think?

Lee Scratch Perry - taken a few days ago in Spain......My friend took it, and she says it's not a backdrop or any digital messing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

krd wrote: »
    430013_347283561976583_114989435205998_988431_1822056481_n.jpg

What do you think?

Lee Scratch Perry - taken a few days ago in Spain......My friend took it, and she says it's not a backdrop or any digital messing.

not sure what Im supposed to be seeing :o I always found this clip pretty compelling

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

thats pretty old. I cant say its amazingly funny either unfortunately.

bio-luminescent insects?

Thanks Maccored,, that light is odd for sure. Cant quite see the door open tho.

leddpipe wrote: »
    bio-luminescent insects?

Not much movement from them if thats what the light is (the video appears to be playing in real time, (?) not unless its been slowed down considerably). But no mention is given to that.

not sure what Im supposed to be seeing :o I always found this clip pretty compelling

Cheers Leddpipe:

Yeah I'd seen the rubber band boy all right, I reckon its just something that he's doing himself. A bit comical at the same time, a bit like the Fat Boy Slim vid for Push the Tempo, (apologies in advance as it has no paranormal content whatsover :o very funny tho.

http://youtu.be/so9DBHCo64Q

according to Barry there was nothing visable to the naked eye, but at the same time he was watching the dvr and he could see it on that
    bio-luminescent insects?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Not much movement from them if thats what the light is (the video appears to be playing in real time, (?) not unless its been slowed down considerably). But no mention is given to that.

If the insect has landed on the lens. Then it's light may appear to be several feet away.

• Advertisement

'strange' that the TAPS team didn't mention this as an option. Thanks for that

If the insect has landed on the lens. Then it's light may appear to be several feet away.

Barry puts it down to the kind of light he's using, plus a few other things. He's captured that kind of light on a few occasions - you should listen in to his interview ... he goes into much more detail:

http://tapsfamilyradio.net/?p=308

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭MeadhbhL3

interesting - though to be fair, it is just a door closing.

interesting - though to be fair, it is just a door closing.

A door closing on its own where there was no breeze present...a very heavy door at that

MeadhbhL3 wrote: »

That is very very impressive.

I'd been keen to know what would happen if a camera was put on it for a significant period and see if it shuts, without requests.

Still, all in all, if the investigators are genuine, this is great footage.

Thanks Meadhbh.

A door closing on its own where there was no breeze present...a very heavy door at that

just because the door is heavy, doesnt mean it wont wont swing on its hinges like that!an interesting video alright, but doesnt portray paranormal activity imo!

Im not disputing that at all ... though I tend to agree with leddpipe

• Advertisement

Im not disputing that at all ... though I tend to agree with leddpipe

Like we say in the video, we cannot say for sure that it was paranormal but having witnessed it myself... it was a very strange experience

Advertisement