Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locksmith in Limerick City

• 07-03-2012 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

anyone know of a cheap, good quality locksmith in Limerick City that would call out to open a door? key wont work on it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Lockdoctor would probably be your best shot to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dougal McGuire

how much would it cost to get a locked door opened and to get them to come out to open it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Couldn't tell you anything about cost, but if you're in the city centre give Ryan's Locksmiths on Upper William st a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Ryan's Locksmith's is who I was gonna say as well. The man knows keys :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

would second ryans way cheaper than lockdoctor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

There's hundreds of locksmiths in Limerick, they just don't advertise!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Couldn't tell you anything about cost, but if you're in the city centre give Ryan's Locksmiths on Upper William st a call.

I also recommend Ryan's.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you are sure that the key used to work in it have you tried squirting WD40 into the lock? If it hasn't been used for a while that might sort it for you, always happens to me with padlocks and the back door to the house that's never used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Got on to Ryans lately for the same thing and they quoted me e100 for the job of removing lock and fitting a new one. Lock Doctor did it for 75. When you see what's involved its a complete rip off!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭caroline72

Ryan's charged a friend 90e to come out and fix a front door lock,didn't even put on a new one and it broke again few days later,wud try the lock doctor....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

OK, well I've never tried the Lock Doctor so it's difficult to compare them with Ryan's. However, I bought a lock from Ryan's shop and they gave me full, clear instructions how to fit it — and it was just a simple €16 lock, so overall they probably made no money out of me. Also, every key I've had them cut has worked, unlike other places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

It would actually scare you how easy it is to remove one of the standard modern locks. Ryans have a good name around down and I've bought locks and got keys cut before by them with no problems price wise but they can charge for their callouts.

Advertisement