Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you live in one of these towns, you are getting free daffodils

• 07-03-2012 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Wasn't really sure where to post this - I ended up here as the Tidy Towns committees are volunteers, how and ever it might be better suited somewhere else? Feel free to move if appropriate.

Anyway, the reason i'm posting is that news of a www.Buyandsell.ie campaign just showed up in my Facebook feed. they're donating daffodil bulbs to Irish Tidy Towns and the list of nominated towns is now up, they are

Bettystown, Co.Meath
    Mornington, Co.Meath
    Julianstown, Co.Meath
    Durrow, Co.Laois
    Myshall, Mount Leinster
    Rush, Co.Dublin
    Tubbercurry, Co.Sligo
    Bansha, Co.Tipperary
    Naas, Co.Kildare
    Bruff, Co.Limerick
    Birr, Co.Offally
    Daingean, Co.Offally
    Shankill, Co.Dublin
    Mallow, Co.Cork
    Mountmellick, Co.Laois
    Attanagh, Co.Laois
    Bandon, Co.Cork
    Perrystown, Dublin 12
    Greystones, Co.Wicklow
    Cavan, Co.Cavan

these are the nominated towns, and each of these are definitely receiving a share of the bulbs. the campaign has gotten nearly 9,000 new likes since 1st february which means over 400 daffodil bulbs per town already. they don't stop counting until march 17th and they have said said there's no cap on how many they will donate.

if anyone here reading this lives in these towns it might be worth clicking over to add one more. also might be worthwhile getting in touch with local tidy town committee to offer a hand in the planting??

www.facebook.com/buyandsell.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭whippetgood

campaign finished and they hit their total - looks like the 20 towns are getting 500 daffs each!

Advertisement