Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guest SSID - Why?

• 07-03-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

My router supports a Guest SSID, in addition to my standard SSID - Can anyone explain the practical use for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭cork_buoy

homer911 wrote: »
    My router supports a Guest SSID, in addition to my standard SSID - Can anyone explain the practical use for this?

You may not want to disclose the password for your private network - eg. a friend visits your house. The guest network may also isolate guest clients from other devices on the network for added security.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dimensiondk

yeah the are very handy for that.
    like you want to give some people...kids....guests etc. internet access, but you dont want them on your private network with your printers, shared drives etc available...
    noticed and appreciated this on the newer linksys/cicso Routers.

Advertisement